Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

jetworks mod question and pump shoe question

On the jetworks mod, I beleive I have it all figured out except one thing. I know its a dumb question, and Im overthinking this mod, but I don't want to mess up my stinger as im sure a new one aint cheap. when drilling out the two bosses, you have to go all the way down, past where the horizontal bolt holes are (the mount bolt holes for hte coupling) and completely through the outer layer of the pipe, correct? Otherwise water is not being allowed to flow through...The inner pipe is the one for the exhaust gases and the outer layer is where the water flows, right?
    Also if using the stock bilge location and the stealth kit, it eliminates the need for these two fittings?

Also, replacing the pump shoe anchor nuts as one popped off. Figured I might as well replace with the ones from IR. I scrapped off the old sealant/goo and am ready to lay down the new aluminum plate. Do I need to remove what appears to be a 1/8" thick brass plate that is down there or does that stay attached to the hull and the aluminum bars get sealed to it?

+1
    The one fitting you have is the thru hull thats what you use to bring water from the pump to the jetworks valve. The silver pisser is not used if you dump water via the stealth mod

Ok that's what I was figuring with the silver fitting. I thought by using the stock bilge line it eliminated needing to use a separate line?

Anyone have any input on the shoe question or drilling of stinger?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
    On the jetworks mod, I beleive I have it all figured out except one thing. I know its a dumb question, and Im overthinking this mod, but I don't want to mess up my stinger as im sure a new one aint cheap. when drilling out the two bosses, you have to go all the way down, past where the horizontal bolt holes are (the mount bolt holes for hte coupling) and completely through the outer layer of the pipe, correct? Yes
    Otherwise water is not being allowed to flow through...The inner pipe is the one for the exhaust gases and the outer layer is where the water flows, right? Yes
    Also if using the stock bilge location and the stealth kit, it eliminates the need for these two fittings? Yes, if you use the siphon fitting in the transom

Also, replacing the pump shoe anchor nuts as one popped off. Figured I might as well replace with the ones from IR. You can use those, or use the brackets from an 04+ GPR
    I scrapped off the old sealant/goo and am ready to lay down the new aluminum plate. Do I need to remove what appears to be a 1/8" thick brass plate that is down there or does that stay attached to the hull and the aluminum bars get sealed to it?
    You remove the entire brass insert, and sand the hull flat where the bracket goes, then glue the new brackets in with 5200fc

what year is the boat?

+1
    I see from your sig thats its a 03

you really, really need to install a tunnel reinforcement

Thanks a lot osidebill and wfo
    I just got my epoxy resin in a couple days ago. Was looking at it today and not sure if I need to pull water box in order to access the left side better. Sure it makes it easier, need to look at the how to again.

Never mind, looks like rest of exhaust coming out...

Just to double check this plate needs to come out, and the IR plate gets sealed to the hull directly?

+1
    That plate is not stock, looks like somebody has tried to repair there before. What is it made out of?

+1
    look at this thread this what a stock tunnel area looks like. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...l=1#post542382

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information