Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Finally bit the bullet..bought first mod,and "the list&

i got to learn alot from all you guys modding your skis and seeing what works and all the fine tuning... it's time i start crackin into the RXT..

picked this up since it's under dealer cost, can't go wrong. even cheaper than a power pipe. good deal? hope i didn't get screwed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

the plan is something along the lines of a rotax stage one with a mix of SOME riva stage 1 and 2 components...

in regards to rotax....
    ART: 4001 A-KIT 4-TEC RXP / RXT + 25HP
    ECU IGNITION- INJECTION /CYLINDERHEAD- GASKET/ CYL.HEAD OIL PRESSURE JET /
    THERMOSTAT HOUSING / INTERCOOLER/ COMPRESS.
    IMPELLER LIGHT / COMPRESSOR DRIVE KIT /
    WATERBOX / VALVE SPRING-WASHER KIT /
    VALVE SPRING RETAINER KIT.

of the above mentioned parts, is it all necessary? no one seems to talk about the head gasket? what about the oil pressure jet, and valve spring items? wondering the purpose and importance of those items...

i plan on going piece by piece and not installing a single mod that will slow me down even a .01 mph... i've heard the philosophy among many of you and otehr forums... simple concept of going fast by installing ONLY go fast parts, no go slower parts or useless non-effecting parts.

my list goes like this: 2005 RXT (current GPS speed 67mph)

1. Riva Rear Exhaust
    2. Vortech SC Impeller
    3. OPAS Block off kit
    4. Solas Prop
    5. Homemade Cold Air Intake
    6. Denso IXU27
    7. Trim Reverse Bucket
    8. Fill/True Rideplate and Intake grate
    9. Intercooler (Dunno which one Riva, RR, new releases anytime soon?)
    10. Pump Wedge (will test between stock, 2.25, and 2.5 since i have them both)
    11. Intercooler Plumbing
    12. clutch update
    13. boost guage
    14. the newest ECU mark U is selling

I'm gathering my finances without mom and dad knowing too much but still tryin to keep up with school simultanously... so i'm starting to collect my parts when i see bargains like i THINK i did on ebay with that exhaust.

anything on my list you would add, remove, etc... any other advice i may have overlooked on the boards?

+1
    Nice buy Shibby. Everything on your list looks great. Wait and see what Nils has in store for an intercooler though.

Also, in my opinion the lightweight valvetrain components is a must in these higher reving engines.

I The head gasket...whats the thickness? And the stock gaskets thickness? If you use a different size gasket it will affect the compression ratio, and with a forced induction engine thats something you should really take into consideration-but since thats a package deal the Rotax ECU is probably mapped for the new compression ratio.

Jay

+1
    the gasket and valvetrain and oil jet stuff and compression ratio is all jibberish to me... and again i really don't hear much mention of those components among the guys with similar setups... but if those components = reliability of the modded craft and better all around performance then they are a must have in my eyes

+1
    The thinner head gasket is only to be used on the RR Stage 1 kit. Once you port the head and use the RR cam you need to go with the stock thicker head gasket.

The oil pressure jet allows more oil to the head at the higher RPM's the RR ECU allows your engine to run. The racing cam chain tensioner is also a must have. These are all pieces i run on my ski.

+1
    Shibby

Skip SC has had some good results with my old Rxp 2.0 deg. wedge. Ask him how he likes it. He thinks anything more would be too much.

+1
    Is there a potential target date for Nils' Intercooler? i dont wanna get too impatient and jump the gun on some inferior

I'm gonna do a good chunk of the mods very shortly i think as i think i'm gonna ride thru this year in NY maybe... gonna be cold as hell but what better time to ride for performance purposed then winter!? i keep the ski in my garage heated anyways so winterization is just a storage really for me, not a freeze protection.

i'm gonna do everything except the intercooler and ECU i guess for the time being then if i'm gonna wait to see what Nils presents... unless i can do the ECU without an aftermarket intercooler?

Also... i've heard conflicting views of the Blow off valve among our most respected aftermarket shops as well as among some of you... what's the popular concensus?

+1
    Shibby, do the intercooler first and then add the ECU. Best to do them together, but I know thats alot of $$$.

I think peteshauling has a RR ECU for sale. You can have Mark flash it to the latest program.

Do you need the piggy back fuel controller with the ECU ?

+1
    nope you don't.... that's the purpose of geting the ECU so you don't go learn... the NEW ECU compensates for it while also putting out more HP... when you get into high boost levels or serious internal mods like Jerry then you need piggy back fuel controllers.

Jeff & Annette has his RXT doing about 72.1 mph with all the same mods i listed EXCEPT the ECU i believe? (unless he does have it now).... i figure between the ECU and riding in the winter in NY in 40 degree water i can top that number hopefully and come closer to the 74.7 that Burnwater had his RXT running at. we'll see! i guess as soon as there's a release of Nils' intercooler and i pick among the many available i'll have some numbers for you guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information