Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1

No good deed goes unpunished

So i decided that it was a great day to go for a ride. Made a couple hot laps around the lake and upon my third pass I come across this short surf board in the water. I about hit it so I turned around to pick it up. I pulled it out of the water and looked for some identification on it. there was none. There was a lot of ski boats in the area and figured that it was one of theirs. I went boat to boat asking if it was theirs. I thought that I hit every boat in the basin but I guess not. So I decided to cruise the basin slowly to see if anyone would notice the board and flag me down. I had it standing up right and not one person waved or tried to stop me. I then decided that I would take it to the marina but it was all the way on the other side of the lake and since I was going to be driving that way to go home I was going to drop it off at the lost and found. I put it in the back seat of my truck and went for one last pass around the lake. come back to the dock and a boat stops me and asks if I picked up a board. I said i did. he then pointed to his brother on the dock saying that it was his board. I said that I would get it for him. go to the dock and this guy is almost looking for a fight. saying that I stole his board ect, ect... He was being threatening saying he was going to break into my truck to get it back so I told him he can walk with me to get it. The whole time I tried to explain my actions. I told him if I was going to seal it wouldnt you think that I would have left in stead of sticking around? I could have left it in the water or just thrown it on the dock for someone else to steal. he wasnt having it. he got his board back and that was that. I dont know whats wrong with people any more, bunch of lunatic assholes. Last good deed I try to do for anyone except my elderly neighbor.

+1
    I know what you mean man, been there a few times. I just don't know what it is with some people.

+1
    2nd on that!! Never fails.

Banned User
    +1
    should have thrown it back in the water for him to go get.....

Assholes will always be assholes, don't let them change you, you were doing right kudos to you.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    should have thrown it back in the water for him to go get.....
    I would have but he was much larger than I was and had 6 more friends on the boat...not arguing with that.

Banned User
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    So i decided that it was a great day to go for a ride. Made a couple hot laps around the lake and upon my third pass I come across this short surf board in the water. I about hit it so I turned around to pick it up. I pulled it out of the water and looked for some identification on it. there was none. There was a lot of ski boats in the area and figured that it was one of theirs. I went boat to boat asking if it was theirs. I thought that I hit every boat in the basin but I guess not. So I decided to cruise the basin slowly to see if anyone would notice the board and flag me down. I had it standing up right and not one person waved or tried to stop me. I then decided that I would take it to the marina but it was all the way on the other side of the lake and since I was going to be driving that way to go home I was going to drop it off at the lost and found. I put it in the back seat of my truck and went for one last pass around the lake. come back to the dock and a boat stops me and asks if I picked up a board. I said i did. he then pointed to his brother on the dock saying that it was his board. I said that I would get it for him. go to the dock and this guy is almost looking for a fight. saying that I stole his board ect, ect... He was being threatening saying he was going to break into my truck to get it back so I told him he can walk with me to get it. The whole time I tried to explain my actions. I told him if I was going to seal it wouldnt you think that I would have left in stead of sticking around? I could have left it in the water or just thrown it on the dock for someone else to steal. he wasnt having it. he got his board back and that was that. I dont know whats wrong with people any more, bunch of lunatic assholes. Last good deed I try to do for anyone except my elderly neighbor.
    Its too bad you didn't break it over his freakin head!

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1812fzs View Post
    Assholes will always be assholes, don't let them change you, you were doing right kudos to you.
    Ditto. Thanks.

+1
    There will always be ungrateful angry at the world asses out there. They like to push there miserable lives on others. You did the right thing. Only persons actions you can be responsible for are your own

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information