tiny tach install

i recently bought a tiny tach for my gpr but i can't seem to find a spot for it on my ski. does anybody out there have this aftermarket tach and where did you mount it on your ski? i wanted to mount it on my factory display but there is not enough room without blocking another gauge.

Madison, WI, USA
    Alot of people velco them to the glove box door. Or you could do this:

or this:

Search around, you'll find more.

This is how I mounted my pulse tach, i mounted the tiny tach the same way when i had it. Basically i took a 2" wide strip of aluminum that's about 4" long (it's previous life was as the DIN chasssis for a car stereo ) Then i drilled 2 small holes through the metal and through the part of the hood that says YAMAHA (you need to remove the windscreen to do this). then i bent it in kind of an S shape to make a flat spot. I then attached with double stick tape to that, and put some on the top of the tach where it meets the windscreen. Holds solid and you can't see the bracket or bolts unless you look through the windscreen in very bright sun. As for the tach wire you can peel back the rubber seal on the cowl and tuck it into there and run it down towards the hinge. The advantage of this setup is it's very easy to view at WOT. good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS013719.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	271640  

Thread Information