rxp steve
    +1

"Max" Without AFR's or RRFPR

I have a 07 RXP and RXT that I went the S3 route that I am very satisfied with. It has been safe and reliable. I'm going to add a SF closed loop plate and believe I can get it to 78 mph consistent (RXP). After that I believe I've maxed out the S3 setup.(mods in sig.) The only thing I am going to try is to change the timing and see if I can pickup anymore HP. The ski's have 240hrs with this setup and no issues that I didn't cause. I've kept the motor and the carbon ring lined and kept the slip checked. Couldn't be happier with these ski's. I'm not the fastest, but I'm not the slowest and they crank and go without issue and have never not made it back to the ramp. (yes I am bragging,go Seadoo)

So now to my question. I'm now building on an 08 RXP-X and another 07 RXP both with about 20hrs. The RXP-X I'm going to go with the same build as "Ksalles" did on his. The RXP is the one I want to do different. I want to go the Xcharger route. But want to stay without RRFPR and AFR's. So whats the "MAX" you can go. I was wondering if I could go with Xcharger, Riva ECU, Riva valve train and all the other bolt on's (have already done the Fizzle catch can and 4" intake on both) and still be safe. Can this be done since the Ecu is mapped for the 48's or 50's.

The reason I want to stay away from RRFPR and AFR's is a large family and friends and everybody rides them.
    Thanks for any input

+1
    X Charger and 42lb injectors is the Max amount of mods you want to do without adding an rrfpr and a o2 sensor.

were do you put an o02 sencer and were do you hook it up to?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp steve View Post
    I have a 07 RXP and RXT that I went the S3 route that I am very satisfied with. It has been safe and reliable. I'm going to add a SF closed loop plate and believe I can get it to 78 mph consistent (RXP). After that I believe I've maxed out the S3 setup.(mods in sig.) The only thing I am going to try is to change the timing and see if I can pickup anymore HP. The ski's have 240hrs with this setup and no issues that I didn't cause. I've kept the motor and the carbon ring lined and kept the slip checked. Couldn't be happier with these ski's. I'm not the fastest, but I'm not the slowest and they crank and go without issue and have never not made it back to the ramp. (yes I am bragging,go Seadoo)

So now to my question. I'm now building on an 08 RXP-X and another 07 RXP both with abou20hrs. The RXP-X I'm going to go with the same build as "Ksalles" did on his. The RXP is the one I want to do different. I want to go the Xcharger route. But want to stay without RRFPR and AFR's. So whats the "MAX" you can go. I was wondering if I could go with Xcharger, Riva ECU, Riva valve train and all the other bolt on's (have already done the Fizzle catch can and 4" intake on both) and still be safe. Can this be done since the Ecu is mapped for the 48's or 50's.

The reason I want to stay away from RRFPR and AFR's is a large family and friends and everybody rides them.
    Thanks for any input
    Don't be scared, BE SAFE!

Adding these components are super simple to check and its not as complicated as you think... Any ski that is modded should have a AFR.. even if its just a x upgrade... JMO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trapperjack1 View Post
    were do you put an o02 sencer and were do you hook it up to?
    What year ski? Search button is your friend.. on 04-07 it can be tapped on the j pipe. On 08+has to be tapped on exhaust manifold. You can do 04-07 but your taking a gamble to hitting the water jacket. 08 manifolds are easier

+1
    I ran the S3 setup on my 06 RXP and was the best setup I ever had. The X with 42's should be similar. Anything more than that AFR and fuel monitoring is a must. I would hate other people riding my ski. Especially a modified one. JMO.

Thread Information