2008 RXPX running very rough?

Hi, i have a 40 hr RXPX that i bought new that is running very rough. it idles a little rough, but then hesitates a lot before climbing up to 4800 rpm. The supercharger acts like it engages sometimes but wont stay. Max rpms are around 5200at times, never more.

it ran a little rough at then end of last season, so i thought it was a gas issue. i removed the pickup from the tank and drained the gas last week. then i put fresh gas in and did an oil change. It seems now the problem is worse. I read on here that the supercharger needs to be rebuilt at 70 hrs and i planned on doing it at the end of the season. i hope this is not the problem.

never had any issues expet the exhaust hose coming off (unfortunately not the issue today).

only mods are Fizzles 4 in air and 15/22 prop.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? its in the water today and i cant inspect the prop.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am on here a lot, but dont post very often.

+1
    Did you also change the spark plugs? Try doing that to see if it fixes the problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Did you also change the spark plugs? Try doing that to see if it fixes the problem.
    +1....

+1
    Replace plugs, clean injectors. You have to remove injectors and get them cleaned. Pull the scer too. If you ride in rough water the SCer could be the problem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Thanks a bunch. I still had the original plugs in the ski and evidently at least one was the culprit. I changed the plugs and it ran like a scalded dog today. I really appreciate the advice as I was worried.
    Plug #2 was chocalate but a little oily and probably the culprit. Plug #1 was lighter grey than I would have liked so I will check again it again tomorrow.

The other problem is how I have had the ski for 3 years and it only has 40 hours
    Got to get to the lake more often

+1
    Ha, I have an 04 i bought new and only has 78 hrs so don't feel bad. Beer is cheaper than gas..lol

+1
    Check your intercooler and be sure you're not ingesting water. You can pull the hose that runs out of the intercooler to the thottle body and see if there is any water. I just had one go bad and saw two others locally last month.

silicon, just on the subject of water ingestion. I recently changed oil pressure sensor, when i had the intake pipe (IC - T/B) i noticed there was moisture in there. is it normal to have a little condensation floating around in these pipes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yems View Post
    silicon, just on the subject of water ingestion. I recently changed oil pressure sensor, when i had the intake pipe (IC - T/B) i noticed there was moisture in there. is it normal to have a little condensation floating around in these pipes?
    Yes it is normal to have condensation,especially in the hotter,humid temps....

Thread Information