Vic
    +1

No throttle response

I just finished my open boat build and uploaded a base mape with my Vi-pec. It fired right up but idled around 2000rpms, but I have not throttle response. I tryed recalibrating the throttle and it didnt work then after I shut it off and reconected to the ECU you can a clicking at the throttle body. Any suggestions

+1
    Not sure model and what all you did in your build, but I'd start by checking all the harness connectors to see if one isn't making a connection. I'm not familiar with how the Vipec handles error codes, is there a way to read them? If it won't start with the stock ECU, you probably can't pull error codes with the onboard diagnostics.

+1
    What you need to do is hook up your laptop and follow these instructions very carefully. If you miss one step then the same problem will occur.

1st. Download correct map for your build and update ECU firmware to latest version.
    2nd. Ground the ECU, and connect USB to PC.
    3rd. Click open map. Software will ask you if you want to send map to ECU. Click yes. You should hear the ECU making some noises.
    4th. It will ask you to store. Hit yes.
    5th. Most important step which everyone including myself don't do properly. Disconnect ECU from ground. Hold red button for 2 second and release. This is called power cycling and nothing you do will save without doing this. After that Clear ECU fault codes.
    6th. Calibrate FPS.
    7th. Calibrate TP and clear fault codes again.
    8th. Power cycle ECU again.
    9th. Reconnect ECU and go to TPS sensor. If you see the TPS moving as you move the throttle then you have done it correctly and you can now start your craft.

If this doesn't work then your TB may be bad.

Vic
    +1
    Got it I will try this as soon as I get home. I did do that once but forgot holding the stop button I hope this works

Vic
    +1
    When I conect to the ECU there is a clicking from the throttle body, its the TP opening and closing from 0%- to about 40%. When I load the new mape it stops, and I then calibrate the TPS and clear fault codes but still no throttle response and when I reconnect it still does the same dam thing. I cant believe the throttle body would be bad it only has 9hrs on it (this is an 09 FZR)

Vic
    +1
    well fault code 69 came up so that makes since the TP was trying to open and close but would only go to about 40%. I pulled it back of the ski and it does not appear to be restricted. Does this mean its bad?

Quote Originally Posted by racerx585 View Post
    well fault code 69 came up so that makes since the TP was trying to open and close but would only go to about 40%. I pulled it back of the ski and it does not appear to be restricted. Does this mean its bad?
    If you are using one of the stock class maps from rivas site then try a different one. I had the same problem last year with their stock class map.. Changed maps and problem was gone.

Vic
    +1
    Thats a good idea to, but I need to put my dam ski back together now and that is not happening tonight Im tire. I will try that tomorrow

Thread Information