Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 GP1300r styrofoam

I just picked up a new 2007 GP two weeks ago. In the front there is a piece of styrofoam and also in the back. they are loose and not glued down. Are they part of the noise suppression? What do they do?

+1
    Welcome to the board!

They keep your GPR floating above water, whenever you let it sit overnight with the drain plugs out...

I alwasy keep my boat on the trailer. Can I take these two pieces out? I heard they help it float but they are above the waterline and my XLT800 had absolutely no styrofoam.

+1
    Welcome JC,
    First thing, go here and download the GP1300R service manual and '05 supplement. http://www.ramnj.com/

If the pieces come out easily pull them out. The foam will keep it floating but not dry.

what do you think?

I want to get one in March or April...What do you think?

I will have two skis...an 06 FX HO Cruiser (family wagon), and now for me the GP 1300R.

Have you broken it in? What speed do you think is the realistic stock speed of the 07?

I have to get a more fun ski for me and then tradi-in the FX when Yami does come out with a 200HP+ SC. At least that is the plan.

Yes they come out easily. So basically what im feeling is they are there in case your boat starts to sink somehow. There are some pieces glued to the gas tank which i wouldnt touch but these loose piecse in the front and back just bug me - ill take them out.

I had a XLT800 that came about 55-56 stock. I did a ride plate, intake grate, nose cone, ppk, solas impeller and sound removal tube and got 61 with quarter tank of gas. I live in virginia so i wont take the boat out until may. Im think ing r&d ride plate, nose cone, intake grate and pump plug kit - that shoudl do 70. So far I have taken all the stickers off besides the GP1300r one and the ones on the bottom of the boat and stepped the sponsons but thats all i can do until it gets warm.

Thanks for the welcome.

+1
    Rio,
    The '07 GPR is the same as the '06(and differs from '05 by color only). It will run 64mph with a full tank out of the box. But, unlike the FX you can add 4mph w/out removing the seat.

A good freind of mine has an '06GPR and '06FXHO on a double trailer. It's a good combo.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    There are some pieces glued to the gas tank which i wouldnt touch but these loose piecse in the front and back just bug me - ill take them out.
    You found the only thing I don't like about my ski. The adhesive Yam uses for these pieces is POOP!!!!! -look for a yellow strip on the foam(snot formerly know as adhesive).

I've had all the rubber bushings in the battery box and around the waterbox come off/fall off. I easily removed the goop with my fingers and reinstalled with contact cement. If the Turf comes up I'll be PISSED!

+1
    If you plan on doing any work to your ski at all, remove the foam. All it does is get in the way.

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    I now have mixed emotions about removing foam... I was a BIG foam remover however foam barely weighs anything at all & as some of u know, it's that foam that kept the nose of my ski bobbing out of the water. It all depends guys, How much can those pieces of foam weigh? 1.5 pounds together? maybe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information