Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

My Experience with Shibby from Performance Watercraft of Long Island

I own a 2003 Seadoo GTX 4tec limited. In 2007 I was introduced to Steve Gorman aka Shibby. I was interested in doing some upgrades on my ski and contracted Steve to do $1881 with of work on my ski. The work was done properly and I was a happy customer. The following year when I did my tune-up I noticed that the Iridium spark plugs he told me that he was putting in for me were not installed. I chalked it up to a mistake and let it go.
    My 18 year old son got his Boaters License last year and after spending last summer riding with him I have decided to let him go out alone this year with his friends. I noticed that sometimes the starter does not engage and was concerned enough to take it 60 miles from my home to Steve’s garage. It looks more like a junk yard than a professional shop. Since I had agood experience with him in the past I decided to leave it with him and ask him to also take it out for a road test. I wanted the ski to be in the best condition mechanically as possible. The body is in excellent shape. The ski has 200 hours on it.
    I spoke to Steve about the missing plugs and he told me that he would put them in for me at no cost. He told me that it would be a few weeks and I would get the ski back. I went away happy. Two weeks past and I called him for an update. No answer at his end so I left a message. Three days passed with no return call and I called him back. He picked up the phone and told me the ski would be going in the water that day. I waited several days and called him for an update, no answer and I left a message. I waited several more days with no call and called him again. No return calls from him. I called again several days later with no return call. I left him text messages and emails with no response. At this point he had my ski for well over a month and was completely unresponsive. I drove over there on Friday and found to Steve to be silent and distant. He told me that he had changed the battery, the solenoid for the starter and also changed the pugs he owed me. He told me that he would be putting the ski in the water later on in the day. I told him to no do anything else to the ski and I would pick it up. I drove home and came backwith my truck. I paid him $200 for the work and took the ski home. I have yet to test the ski but I can tell you there was water in my bilge and the tank was almost completely empty. I tank was topped off when I gave him the ski. I sent him an email asking him what happened to 13 gallons of my gas. Well guess what, no response. He once struck me as a straight honest guy. I am posting this because in my experience where there is smoke there is fire. I am sure I am not the only customer who has had issues with him. I want to also add that he never called me to advise me what parts and service I needed. He just changed them and billed me. I paid and was happy to get my ski out of there. He lost a customer who spent over $2000 on services from him. I was also in the market for a dock. There is not a chance in the world I would ever give him my business again. For any unbelievers I have emails reflecting what he initially charged me when I first dealt with him.
    Steve

+1
    Sorry to here about your experience. I would be pissed to if that happened to me!!

Clearly he took the ski out and had a good time at your expense. If I were you, I'd get that ski in the water as soon as possible and make sure everything works as you expect it to. Also, if he has a business license, you can contact the state Attorneys General to file a complaint. Also, you may wish to report him to the BBB.

+1
    Ive learned a long time ago that there are always two sides to the story. Please give Shibby a chance to respond before you throw him under the bus. I dont know Steve Gorman or the guy that just made his first post. The above could all be true, but at least give the guy a chance to defend himself or man up and say he fucked the guy, just my 2 cents

+1
    Hey Guys,
    I have no agenda. I simply wanted to make sure my ski was in tip top condition before I would let my son take out the ski alone. I told the truth. I have no interest in screwing anyone. I have phone records with 7 outgoing calls from my cell phone between March 24 and May 2 with only one call from him to me on March 24 the day before I dropped off the ski. None of my seven subsequent phone calls were returned. None of my texts were returned and none of my emails were returned. Let him post a reply to my emails. He won't because he never replied. Additionally, I live in Long Island New York and can tell you that my ski had not been in the water since last summer. What's one of the the last things we do when we winterize our skis at the end of the season? Well I top it off and run it with fuel stabilizer for a few minutes while I flush out the pump. I was shocked when I found water in my bilge and an almost empty tank. On the day I picked up the ski he told me he would be putting the ski in the water later that day. I told him it was too late, he had the ski for over a month. If I am the only person who has had a bad experience with him, well thats great. I don't want anyone to get hurt or screwed. There is no up side to me to see guys and gals getting ripped off or stuck in the water. I am not steering business to another shop. I am simply an unhappy customer.
    Steve

+1
    You can try to give Carl at Island Racing(Baldwin Harbor) a call, but I can't say it would be any faster. Carl runs a one man show and is super busy like anyone else that works on boats this time of year. I can tell you that he will he does excellent work and will explain everything to you before he does it.

+1
    In the future you NEED to be using Erik in Brooklyn, at www.speedfreeksracing.com

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    You can try to give Carl at Island Racing(Baldwin Harbor) a call, but I can't say it would be any faster. Carl runs a one man show and is super busy like anyone else that works on boats this time of year. I can tell you that he will he does excellent work and will explain everything to you before he does it.

+1 carl is good people.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    +1 carl is good people.
    +1
    he was flying when most of you guys were still in diapers!
    I know the truth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    In the future you NEED to be using Erik in Brooklyn, at www.speedfreeksracing.com
    +1 Erik is the man and knows his stuff.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information