+1

2008 Sea-Doo GTX 155 Top Speed

Hi,

I'm sure this question was asked before, I'm 210lbs and I usually can get around 52-53mph on a normal day, does this sound about right ? my friend said his goes up to 60mph and he is not much lighter then i am. we are both just going by what seadoo reports not using GPS

Welcome to Greenhulk!

About the only thing you can say about Sea Doo speedometers is that they are guaranteed to be wrong! Most read fast (like overstate by 3-5 mph), but some read slow. The only meaningful thing you can do is use a GPS and remember to compensate by current and water/air temps. A GTX 155 is typically a 55 MPH GPS ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

About the only thing you can say about Sea Doo speedometers is that they are guaranteed to be wrong! Most read fast (like overstate by 3-5 mph), but some read slow. The only meaningful thing you can do is use a GPS and remember to compensate by current and water/air temps. A GTX 155 is typically a 55 MPH GPS ski.
    Thanks for a quick reply, so if this the case i'm actually only getting about 50mph, I know there could be so many factors involved so i just wanted to get an input from different people. for me it's more of concern then anything else as i don't mind if my gtx does not reach 55mph as long as i know there is nothing wrong with it, from what i can tell it runs and sounds good it only has 40 hours on it.

+1
    DonHy, any damage or wear to the impeller or wear ring will cost you 5 mph. If you can put anything more than a matchbook cover between the impeller and the wear ring you should replace with and OEM wear ring and have the impeller reconditioned. Try running side by side with your buddy. His may be reading high and yours may be reading low.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    DonHy, any damage or wear to the impeller or wear ring will cost you 5 mph. If you can put anything more than a matchbook cover between the impeller and the wear ring you should replace with and OEM wear ring and have the impeller reconditioned. Try running side by side with your buddy. His may be reading high and yours may be reading low.
    Blackhakw36 I had a look at the impeller and the wear ring and it looks brand new with pretty much no space between impeller and wear ring so I guess the next step is to use a gps and get some readings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    I had the seadoo this weekend and got a reading of 57mph using two different iphone apps so i guess my seadoo speedometer was slow, i heard that seadoo speedometer is usually a bit faster but i never heard of it being too slow

Thread Information