Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra300x trim positioning

Hi guys just wondering where you ultra 300x guys run your trims when riding offshore in the ruff? I have not long had the boat and was out playing yesterday, when I was riding with the waves I ran the trim 1 or to clicks down from neutral but then when I was on my way back against the waves it wasnt riding nice so I trimmed the nozzle up to the top and it ran real good, I never tried the trim up when riding with the waves, how do you guys run yours?
    Thanks.
    tim.

Banned User
    +1
    That's kinda sorta the right idea it's all rider preference. And wave height and duration will play a big part as well. I am usually 1 up from all the way down and middle heading into swell if very large head on swell I might be another click up but you start to become the airborne express when trimmed up to high.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Mine is usually either fully down, if it's messy or big swell and I'm racing some mates, or if I want an easy ride it's usually 1 up from neutral. I only ever use full up if I'm going slow and standing up. It keeps the front from plowing into boat wash.

Do you run yours full down going with the waves? And then 1 up when your heading into them?

+1
    I find 2 clicks down from the middle position works awesome in any conditons i dont like the trim fully down causes the front end to dig in too much and submarines corners if the waves are big. It all comes down to rider preference like fire mentioned

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmymajic View Post
    Do you run yours full down going with the waves? And then 1 up when your heading into them?
    I find full down allows for a more aggressive ride (you will get wet and need to hang on more in chop, but will go faster). 1 up from neutral gives a softer more forgiving ride (but a little slower and you'll get more airborne off the crests) . Full up is almost useless.

+1
    Hi guys just wondering where you ultra 300x guys run your trims when riding offshore in the ruff? I have not long had the boat and was out playing yesterday, when I was riding with the waves I ran the trim 1 or to clicks down from neutral but then when I was on my way back against the waves it wasnt riding nice so I trimmed the nozzle up to the top and it ran real good, I never tried the trim up when riding with the waves, how do you guys run yours?
    Thanks.
    tim.
    With cross chopping waves and swells or just more turbulent waters neutral to one click down will kept you better hooked up, keep it a better planted ski as other skis struggle to cut through waves...never actually tried two clicks down...on flat to slight ripple one click up works best for me as it keeps the nose up and more hull out of the water for more top speed...lots of settings to play and experiment with...

Thanks guys I'm hoping my new Tbm steering system arrives in time this week so I can go testing Saturday if it does I will play with the trim some more, how easy is the complete steering system to fit?

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks guys I'm hoping my new Tbm steering system arrives in time this week so I can go testing Saturday if it does I will play with the trim some more, how easy is the complete steering system to fit?
    Depends on your mechanical aptitude but it's pretty straight forward. I can swap them out in 20 mins. Also make sure you use red locktite on every single bolt regardless of what the instructions say.

Ok nice one I'll bear that in mind thankyou,I'm hoping the new steering setup will help my riding at the moment I suffer serious arm pump.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information