Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

05 RXP In Shop for 3 months

Has anyone else had this prob.. I took it in for a S/C clutch they are saying that every thing is on backorder....I was just wondering..if anyone else has had this prob and if you think ....any help would be great help

+1
    What parts are they saying are on back order? I heard a rumor that the oil pump parts were on back order until November. It's quite possible that when your clutch went out it trashed your oil pumps.

My '05 RXP SC went out after 6 hours. SD's SC is crap. The dealer told me that SD had the parts I needed on backorder. The dealer put pressure on SD and they just so happened to have a few of what I needed laying around (SC upgrade kit)...how convenient. I was up and running in 1 week. My dealer knew that I wouldn't get out the rest of the season with these parts on backorder. Good luck! I'll post a list of parts that I needed.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Maybe they make you wait so you get the 2006 clutch?

It did trash the oil pumps ..... I t went out on me 5 miles down the cost from Charleston ....... had no choice but to run it ..... they said that the pumps and the S/C shaft were on back order..

I am at a point of Selling the ski I was going to put some money in it and put a stage 2 on it this winter but i am fed up with it already ....So i am prob going to sell it if anyone knows what an 05 Red RXP Would prob Sell for 31hrs Cover and trailer...

+1

rxp

How much would you be asking?, also would this have the engine fixed.

?

Not shure what to ask or what it may be worth it is only 4mths old...

My SC clutch went out at around 11hrs. Since this is my first ski, I didnít know what had happened. I think I rode it for about an hour with the broken clutch. I live in Los Angeles, but my wife and I go out to Texas once a year and spend time at my mother-in-lawís house on the lake. I purchased the ski on July 6th in Texas with the intention of leaving it there as a yearly toy to have along with our boat.

The clutch blew on the last two days of our vacation. I took it in to the dealer on July 16th. It took them three weeks just to look at it. Then another week and a half to diagnose the problem. Then they tell me all the parts needed are on back order. Itís been sitting at the dealer since July 16th. Iím very frustrated with BRP. Iím sure they are aware of this problem. Why donít they put more of the parts that are needed in the pipeline? And what poor service from the dealer, three weeks to even look at the thing!!

The problem Iím facing is that when this repair is ever completed, the warranty will have expired. It will be over a year until I get back to Texas to see if the repairs were completed appropriately and based on what Iíve seen on this forum, the clutch could go again and Iíll be out of luck on the warranty.

I called BRP and they tried to be helpful and said they would extend the warranty by a few months if something went wrong. They assigned me a case number. Iíve never dealt with BRP before, so I donít know how good their word is on something like this. What a disappointment though. I thought I was buying a reliable high performance product only to find out there is a severe design flaw in the motor. The manufacturer of the product canít seem to even fill the parts pipeline with the items needed to quickly repair the flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by rlara
    My SC clutch went out at around 11hrs. Since this is my first ski, I didnít know what had happened. I think I rode it for about an hour with the broken clutch. I live in Los Angeles, but my wife and I go out to Texas once a year and spend time at my mother-in-lawís house on the lake. I purchased the ski on July 6th in Texas with the intention of leaving it there as a yearly toy to have along with our boat.

The clutch blew on the last two days of our vacation. I took it in to the dealer on July 16th. It took them three weeks just to look at it. Then another week and a half to diagnose the problem. Then they tell me all the parts needed are on back order. Itís been sitting at the dealer since July 16th. Iím very frustrated with BRP. Iím sure they are aware of this problem. Why donít they put more of the parts that are needed in the pipeline? And what poor service from the dealer, three weeks to even look at the thing!!

The problem Iím facing is that when this repair is ever completed, the warranty will have expired. It will be over a year until I get back to Texas to see if the repairs were completed appropriately and based on what Iíve seen on this forum, the clutch could go again and Iíll be out of luck on the warranty.

I called BRP and they tried to be helpful and said they would extend the warranty by a few months if something went wrong. They assigned me a case number. Iíve never dealt with BRP before, so I donít know how good their word is on something like this. What a disappointment though. I thought I was buying a reliable high performance product only to find out there is a severe design flaw in the motor. The manufacturer of the product canít seem to even fill the parts pipeline with the items needed to quickly repair the flaw.
    The new parts installed should carry a warranty. So if the clutch goes out it should be covered under the seperate parts replaced warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information