94 MasterCraft Wet Jet 200 Duo

Hello,

I can't seem to find the correct place to post this so I'm trying to post under Polaris for my other Ski. I have a 94 Wet Jet 200 that I picked up today without a LanYard. It was lost and before I go and purchase a replacement one I am wondering how I can Bypass this to see if the motor even turns over at all? I bought this for the Trailer and the ski was a bonus. He said it ran fine but they never used it anymore. Anyways, I picked it up for 300 bucks.

Here is what I found:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2.gif 
Views:	2480 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	271226

Thanks and advance for pointing me in the right direction. Also, I'm not sure where to post for Wet Jets?

+1

Mods move this thread to other or Yamaha

Bro, your ski is basically a yamaha 701, which model I don't know. Most of the performance parts/common 701 will fit your ski.

Cool ski get her up and running. Go to academy they have a multiyandard for less than 20 bucks.

I can't seem to find the correct place to post this so I'm trying to post under Polaris for my other Ski. I have a 94 Wet Jet 200 that I picked up today without a LanYard. It was lost and before I go and purchase a replacement one I am wondering how I can Bypass this to see if the motor even turns over at all? I bought this for the Trailer and the ski was a bonus. He said it ran fine but they never used it anymore. Anyways, I picked it up for 300 bucks.

Here is what I found:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2.gif 
Views:	2480 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	271226

Thanks and advance for pointing me in the right direction. Also, I'm not sure where to post for Wet Jets?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. We actually picked up a universal Lanyard on the way back. It doesn't work or even connect easily.

Seems to me that its magnetic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mastercraft-...#ht_652wt_1180

THanks for the info. I found the Lanyard security device on ebay and he includes a magnetic washer to test with in the event one doesn't have the lanyard. It won't let me post the link here.

It is titled: Mastercraft Wet Jet Duo 200 300 Security Start Lanyard

+1
    I believe this isn't the garden variety lanyard that most watercraft use, it is a special magenetic one, if you want to test it use a strong magnet & hold it on the kill switch, also if this is a Duo 200, it is not a 701 Yamaha engine, (that was the Duo 300) it is a 432cc Brut engine. I had several Wetjets before they were bought out by Mastercraft & also worked for a Wetjet dealer for a few years, lots of information stuck somewhere in my head!

Thanks! We figured it out. Well we actually made it worse. We wanted to see what the heck was going on in that post so we cut it up. I talked to Dennis with wetjetparts.com and he is sending a new Lanyard and post. It wasn't as easy is crossing whites. Inside the post there was a circuit board and resistors.

Driving right now to pickup my 94 Polaris SLT 750. Hopefully it's good

They look like pretty good little skis. I like the way they look. How fast do they go?

I'll let you know. From what I have read, only 35-40. It doesn't bother me too much.

Who cares, does it go? is it fun? then who gives a crap ride and be happy personally I think it is a good looking ski. Throw some pics up of yours.

Thread Information