* 03 XPDI fuel pump regulator

My brother has a 2003 XPDI , Last season it was losing power and it would just stall out in the middle of the lake, 2-3 times a day... after about 5 mins of sitting it would finally start back up and run normal. He took it to the shop, they said it is most likely a fuel pump issue ( which I figured becuase I had to replace mine last year on my RXDI ). The tech said that he thinks it could be the fuel regulator , but the DI pump and the regulator are sold as one unit. We did happen to find that you can purchase just the fuel regulator for around $200.00 vs a new pump which is $700. My question is, is this an easy fix? Can it be done or has anyone replaced just the fuel regulator on there DI model? And how hard was it ? Thanks in advance for your advice !

Maryland, USA
    It can be done. If you check PWC**day there are many posts about rebuilding the fuel pump module. You can even replace the fuel pump itself with and Acura pump as long as you get 107psi.

I'm pretty sure the regulator is on the fuel rail, not 100% sure.
    I usually try new fuel filters first (2 in tank and inline outside tank) before I change the whole pump

Thread Information