Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Portland Metro Riders?

Any groups/peeps ride the Columbia, Willamette, lakes, etc. out there??

Weather is starting to warm up!

+1
    I don't ride over there much. But some times make it to hood river sometimes. But I think I will be working allot this summer. I will let you known if I head that way.

+1
    Me and some friends ride the columbia pretty often. Usually launch out of portco in Vancouver. I ride a black/silver 2011 rxpx and my wife rides a 2011 wake pro.

How often do you all go? We hit Yale Lake today and it was nice but kind of spooky because we were the only ones out there. Water was like ice cold. My husband and I only have one ski at this point.

What's your riding style? We've had ours for one season so I'm still learning the ropes and not into doing all of that crazy jump stuff...yet. I was hoping to find some sort of group events to meet more people in the area but it doesn't look like there's much activity like that around here.

My only friend that had skis just got divorced and they went with to the ex-husband. They would check dates when the big ships come in on the Columbia to catch the wakes and go nuts.

+1
    yale is nice, we ski out of saddle damn often during the summer. All of the lakes are cold as they are mountain fed. We just bought a place up at mayfield lake, really nice but REALLY cold. The other day it was over 80 degrees and my ski was reading a water temp of 50 degrees

Heard of Mayfield but never been up there. We live in Woodland so Yale is about 20 minutes from our house. Merwin is nice too at the Cresap launch.

If you remember let me know when you will be heading up this way or even on the Columbia again. My husband and I are looking to meet some more ski people.

+1
    There's a group of people on the pwctoday.com northwest group. As far as organized rides, there is a pwc rally coming up in central WA open to all riders, free of charge. Group campsite is paid for and all you need is a tent and your skis!! Plenty of new people, the lake/river is 43 miles long there, and I'm sure that some guys from the Portland area will be there. Check out the thread in this forum also.

The Cap'n

Hey Cap'n,

Thanks for the heads-up on the PWC forum. Been checking it out over there and lots of activity.

I was looking into the rally in central WA but it's a bit far for us and we don't have one piece of camping equipment. Looks like a lot of fun though. Also, looked into the UMF you are promoting...nice! Thinking about it.

Thanks again

+1
    What do you need? A tent? I got a spare if you need it. I'll probably be sleeping in my rig or outside on a cot. You NEED to come to the rally!!

The Cap'n

Thanks for the tent offer Cap'n. Looks like we won't be able to make it. A bit too far at this point. I'm sure you guys will have a blast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information