Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Sea-Doo Performance Problems

Hello,

I have a 05 sea-doo rxt, with a 08 motor in it. The performance of the ski at the moment is not going so well and we don't know what the problem could be.
    I'll type out a few of suspicious things that started happening to it's performance. Last weekend the jetski would only top out at 50mph. I didn't hear anything that i thought was wrong so i kept riding it.
    After the tank of gas ran out and I took it out of the water, I then took the seat off and inspected the motor. There was melted Styrofoam all to the left side near the exhaust.
    I then got more curious as to why it wasn't going 80mph as it should be, so later that day we brought the ski home to do a better inspection. We looked at the supercharger, and it seems to be fine.
    We then looked at the O Ring outside the prop and it seems to be fine aswell. That is why I am completely clueless as to what could be making it only go 50mph at tops.

If you could give me a clue as to what could be causing this problem then please do.

+1
    what mods? surely your rxt will not do 80 mph without being heavily modded and tuned

No mods. I have a Sea-Doo RXT Supercharged. I have been on the internet all day trying to find a solution to my problems. I have found similarities, but not solutions. If your ski only goes 50mph, It could be your Super Charger or you O Ring.
    I checked that out, but my super charger and O Ring are ok. Any other thoughts?

+1
    If you have a stock Super Charged RXT (insert any year model), you will not see over 70mph. But if you can't get over 50mph, you still have a problem. What exactly did you do by "checking the SC"?

Checked to see if it had any spin to it while it was still connected to the motor. "It didn't spin."

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    if the SC wheel spins by hand the washers are shot. how does it idle? have you checked plugs? check the coils? maybe leaky intercooler or clogged if you are burning styrofoam back there.

+1
    That's a good sign, at least. BTW, it shouldn't spin "freely". If you turned hard enough, you might get half a turn or so, but that'd be about it. Your problems could lie elsewhere though... have you checked the compression? Did you get any fault codes or beeps? I'm thinking you should have at least gotten a high temp warning...

Let's not overlook the obvious, all your hoses inside are good? And did you look in the pump tunnel to see if there is anything up there or around the shaft?

BTW, welcome to the 'hulk!

I think i found the culprit for the Styrofoam. My exhaust clamp was loose.

And that is what i checked, to see if the SC wheel would spin by hand and no it didn't, so i know that is good.
    I also know the O ring is good aswell.

how does it idle?
    I am a little worried about that. It takes me a really long time to crank the motor sometimes because of the ignition i believe, Then when it does crank " It bogs down " Then gets in to correct idle.

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Let's not overlook the obvious, all your hoses inside are good? And did you look in the pump tunnel to see if there is anything up there or around the shaft?

BTW, welcome to the 'hulk!
    I have 05 Ski With a 08 Motor. That's what got me worried because we are using used and somewhat scratched hoses that came with the motor.

+1
    Check all the SC hoses and clamps, make sure they are secure and all tight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information