Question GTX Supercharger: Will it work with SC removed/disabled

I just got a used 2006 GTX SC with 84hrs, it is super fun to ride.
    However I just browsed other forums here and am unhappy to see the issues with ceramic washer in supercharger and the recommendation is to rebuild it every 100 hrs. I am not willing to spend another few more 100$$ for rebuilt just as yet . So question is, if I am ok with 50mph performance, can I remove/ disable the super charger and run the jet ski as a non SC model?

best: NCAK

I know it will idle without a SCer, but never went and rode without a SCer.

Teays Valley, West Virginia
    you'd have to block off the hole that the supercharger goes into or you would spew oil everywhere, and you probably won't think its fun anymore without the supercharger.

Niagara Falls, NY
    When you get into a SC ski, you have to anticipate the costs. I did a lot of research before I bought mine, and I planned for the expenses. I would really suggest that you just spend the $$$ and get the SC rebuilt and be done with it for another 100 hours. I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but it is an honest one.

I would think it would run pig rich with the lack of boost. Foul plugs, gas in oil, sludge from the breather and all that.

thanks all for your comments. This sure is helpful...I guess it is not worth it working without SC then. Devildog9999: Will shell the $$ to make it run like it is suposed to!. How much did it cost for your SC rebuilt?

Thread Information