Belleview FL

Playing with fire?

Hey all. I have 2-2005 rxp's. They are both at about 200 hrs. Have been maintained throughout the life of the skis. My question is I have not replaced the valves in the engines of either ski. Am I asking for trouble. I live in Florida and the longest the skis have ever sat was 5 weeks but it's rare for them not to be dropped in the water and ran longer than a two week time. It's now spring/summer time so I'm really not interested in digging into them right now. Opinions? Thanks.

Cataula, Georgia, United States
    You running the skis often should be keeping the valves lubricated pretty good. I would wait till winter then pull the heads on both and go ahead and slap ferrera valves in and install the riva valvetrain in them both.

Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    im in the same delema .. im up in canada so we get only a few months to use our skis.. but if my ski sits and i know i wont be using it for a week or two i will fog the engine..... and the fog it real well in the fall before winter. Jerry has said as long as i run the ski and fog regularly it isnt a 911 issue but should be addresed at some point. I plan on riding this summer and doing my valvetrain next fall.

Thread Information