Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    13xracing - aka 427racing 13xracing's Avatar

Great news / worse news

FINALLY, the plug wires arrived today. I was all pumped to go get the ski and find some open water.
    Then I was notified that since the Kawasaki plant is located in my city (Lincoln, Ne) that the dealership here had some pull, thus my ski being the first production ski released to the public.
    Now the catch is Kawasaki says they released the boat early to certain dealerships to have in various boatshows around the country. The dealership I bought the ski from was not supposed to release that ski until after the show.
    Well, $10,400 later and a title in hand, they will not give it to me. On one hand they (dealership) said thats why they gave me a deal, but on the other hand, I could have gotten that price elsewhere.
    I know I shouldn't b!tch, but I feel like I have been getting blown since Dec 27 (when the ski arrived) till now, and then getting blue balled! This sucks, but what can you do?
    Officially they are 'releasing' it to me Jan 26 after the show. I do alot of business with this dealership and have a lot of friends there, so I don't want to burn any bridges, but I think they owe me alittle more than a thanks, seeing is I legally own the ski. Maybe I should call it in stolen..J/K

1-26-07 is after the boat show in Nebraska? Should the rest of the country get it after 1-26-07?

Quote Originally Posted by 427racing View Post
    FINALLY, the plug wires arrived today. I was all pumped to go get the ski and find some open water.
    Then I was notified that since the Kawasaki plant is located in my city (Lincoln, Ne) that the dealership here had some pull, thus my ski being the first production ski released to the public.
    Now the catch is Kawasaki says they released the boat early to certain dealerships to have in various boatshows around the country. The dealership I bought the ski from was not supposed to release that ski until after the show.
    Well, $10,400 later and a title in hand, they will not give it to me. On one hand they (dealership) said thats why they gave me a deal, but on the other hand, I could have gotten that price elsewhere.
    I know I shouldn't b!tch, but I feel like I have been getting blown since Dec 27 (when the ski arrived) till now, and then getting blue balled! This sucks, but what can you do?
    Officially they are 'releasing' it to me Jan 26 after the show. I do alot of business with this dealership and have a lot of friends there, so I don't want to burn any bridges, but I think they owe me alittle more than a thanks, seeing is I legally own the ski. Maybe I should call it in stolen..J/K

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Make sure they put a barbed wire fence around it to keep everbodys grubby lil paws from pokin/pullin on the wrong stuff!! I went to the cycle show at the DC Convention Center to look at it in person, and the guys there didnt give a sheet about people pullin pokin on it. The cover for the battery was yanked off and the inside access panel to the gas tank area was also yanked and twisted. One guy who must have known about the spark plug wire problem kept pullin the wires on n off 10 times or more while i was standin there!! So I wish yours the best of Luck!!

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    No problem give them back the title and they give you back all the money, its not your fault they screwed up, no way would I let them do that to me.

Just tell them you will take the next one that comes in and they can have this one back.

Its your deal but that is my opinion

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
    No problem give them back the title and they give you back all the money, its not your fault they screwed up, no way would I let them do that to me.

Just tell them you will take the next one that comes in and they can have this one back.

I couldnt agree more,

+1

I agree

If they are going to put your JetSki in the boat show then
    they should take a least another $1000 off the price, I think
    I'd wait for the next one to be delivered. What's a few weeks
    compared to the years you'll probably own it?? My $.02.

I feel for you, ask if your boats has to go to the boat show. If it does then rope it off. Look only show. Spectators can get critical and picking at things that should be left alone. Man that really sucks but your are still the vary first owner of a unit. Congradulations

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by meirvin View Post

Ditto!

Completely unacceptable!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ask them if Kawi is sponsoring their exhibit booth at the boat show... i know my booth at the boat show was sponsored, and that means the dealer is getting $$ kicked back.... tell him you want in on some of that since they took YOUR machine to solicit sales

sounds like a win win situation 2 me!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information