no electrical power HELP HELP :) please

I have a 98 waverunner 1100 I take it out and run it for about 45min and sometimes if Im running it hard it dies or if Im not running it hard and I just shut it down when i go to start it up again there is no electrical powert what so ever no gauges no click no nothing. let it sit for 1 and a half to two hours fires right back up doing nothing else but letting it sit. now I was able to check a couple of wires when it was dead and the 4 wires that come from the start switch two connectors the connector with the red and the brown wire when i have no electrical power the brown wire reads nothing but when it will start the brown wire reads a direct connection to ground until i hit the start then goes to 12 volts

+1
    The brown wire is going to the start relay when you are checking it and it is reading ground you are more than likely reading resistance through the starter relay. then when you push the start button and it reads 12 volts it is putting voltage to the relay. if you are reading voltage to the brown wire and the motor is not turning you are getting losing voltage to the relay or the relay is going bad. try checking the voltage at the relay when the ski is messing up to narrow the electric problem down.

hope this helps

+1
    Also check the ground wire from the battery to the motor and the power cable at the battery and the fuses for corrosion and faulty connections.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwave77 View Post
    I have a 98 waverunner 1100 I take it out and run it for about 45min and sometimes if Im running it hard it dies or if Im not running it hard and I just shut it down when i go to start it up again there is no electrical powert what so ever no gauges no click no nothing. let it sit for 1 and a half to two hours fires right back up doing nothing else but letting it sit. now I was able to check a couple of wires when it was dead and the 4 wires that come from the start switch two connectors the connector with the red and the brown wire when i have no electrical power the brown wire reads nothing but when it will start the brown wire reads a direct connection to ground until i hit the start then goes to 12 volts
    Any resolution to this? MY 02 1200 does the same thing. Just bought it used and am having fits trying to figure it out.
    Thanks!

Thread Information