05 215 Supercharger question

New member here with a question about my 05 215 supercharger. Are the superchargers the same for all year models of the 215 hp? The reason I ask is that mine is at the 100 hr service and I was considering buying a complete stock one from the performance parts store and keeping the original for a spare. However, when I look in the SeaDoo OEM parts finder, there is no listing for a complete 05 or previous year SC, but there are listings for 06 and up. So the question is, is it compatible with my motor or are the some differences between the years?

Thanks

+1
    drop and x charger and 42 lb injectors in there for the replacement of your stock charger... best bang for the buck and a performance gain as well

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by moc1 View Post
    New member here with a question about my 05 215 supercharger. Are the superchargers the same for all year models of the 215 hp? The reason I ask is that mine is at the 100 hr service and I was considering buying a complete stock one from the performance parts store and keeping the original for a spare. However, when I look in the SeaDoo OEM parts finder, there is no listing for a complete 05 or previous year SC, but there are listings for 06 and up. So the question is, is it compatible with my motor or are the some differences between the years?

Thanks

If that is your original SC, and it has not been taken apart or serviced, then you are on BORROWED TIME........From 2004-2007, all SC's came with Ceramic clutches . When these clutches fail, the broken parts can and will travel through the oiling system of the motor and cause major problems. This requires removal and service of the motor, among other things....

This issue was resolved (partly by this forum) in 2008 when BRP started to install metal clutches ...They also have a rebuild kit that retrofits ALL SC's with metal clutches. The rebuild kit can be found RIGHT HERE in the GreenHulk Performance Store, the link at the top of the page...
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

Even if you purchase a new SC, the old one will need to be rebuilt...the new one will come with the retrofit already installed. A new SC can be bought for $775, but you are better off buying a used one and having it rebuilt...Rebuilding a SC can be done by Jerry, the owner of this forum...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

You can also purchase an upgraded SC, but unless you are going to modify the rest of your ski to compliment the change, I suggest a simple rebuild......and with the OEM ceramic clutches in there, DO IT RIGHT NOW

OH, and welcome to the forum

--Danny

+1

Thread Information