Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

GP1300r Premix question

Hey guys just got my 2008 GPR1300 and the PO was running an oil called mystic in it. 40.1 premix. I do not have access to this oil and have always had good luck with amsoil so I was looking to switch over. I know people say to run amsoil Interceptor but I can not find it anywhere. Anyone know anywhere on Long Island to grab this stuff? Also what about the amsoil HP injector, it seems like that would work as well but I am not sure? Can I use that as well or should I just stick with the Interceptor? The HP injector I have found but not the Interceptor thats why I ask. If anyone knows and could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks....

Run the HP oil it works great I personally use it in my premix. The interceptor has better detergents but they are mixable.

AMSOIL can be drop shipped in 2 days to your front door via the brown truck.

Hit up the site sponsor

+1
    The Interceptor oil is cleaner for the power valves. You can get it from GreenHulk Jerry's link here for retail. https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx?zo=1499968

Or buy it direct from Jerry's link and save. It will get shipped wherever you want the oil to go here in the states.
    Save up to 30% by becoming an AMSOIL Preferred Customer

+1
    What mysik was he running? JT4 or ski & snow? JT4 is way better oil then the ski and snow, The ski and snow is just yamalube.

Take a peak at this. Not sure if it's 100%, but it gives you a good idea of whats what.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    What mysik was he running? JT4 or ski & snow? JT4 is way better oil then the ski and snow, The ski and snow is just yamalube.

Take a peak at this. Not sure if it 100%, but It gives you a good idea of whats what.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    I was running this JT4, now see they changed bottle designs/color...

http://www.mystiklubricants.com/do/p...GINE/663076002

Kyle, hit up kevin, or become a preferred customer. Amsoil Interceptor...
    Personally I would not premix HP for that ski. at the very least use Interceptor...

If your in a pinch, hit up carl at IR, I`m sure he has Klotz or maxima on the shelf. since you are premixing, run the tank down before switching brands. It is better to ask what oils are compatible when doing so.

you can also buy Mystik, directly from Mystik Lubricants...
    your choice...

Amsoil is difficult to see when mixed, colored oils are easy to see. I`m sure you know when you mix up 5 gals if you did or didn`t add the oil... but I`ve known people to forget and boom...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post

The case that showed at my door today came in white. Must be the left over batch.

PR I'm assuming you premixed it right and ran it 40:1? Carl told me today if it was injection only to premix it 32:1 and if it was for premix run it 40:1. On the bottle it says it is for Premix or injection just want to be safe. I would like to do 40:1 so I can use less oil and have it not smoke as much.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post

Kyle, hit up kevin, or become a preferred customer. Amsoil Interceptor...
    Personally I would not premix HP for that ski. at the very least use Interceptor...

If your in a pinch, hit up carl at IR, I`m sure he has Klotz or maxima on the shelf. since you are premixing, run the tank down before switching brands. It is better to ask what oils are compatible when doing so.

you can also buy Mystik, directly from Mystik Lubricants...
    your choice...

Amsoil is difficult to see when mixed, colored oils are easy to see. I`m sure you know when you mix up 5 gals if you did or didn`t add the oil... but I`ve known people to forget and boom...
    Thanks Andy, I guess I will just order it direct from them and wait. I am a preferred customer but I wanted to ride NOW lol. I would rather run the right oil then have something bad happen to the ski. Is Klotz or maxima any good, I never really heard to much about those brands. BTW I see in your sig you got the boat. How you liking it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
    Thanks Andy, I guess I will just order it direct from them and wait. I am a preferred customer but I wanted to ride NOW lol. I would rather run the right oil then have something bad happen to the ski. Is Klotz or maxima any good, I never really heard to much about those brands. BTW I see in your sig you got the boat. How you liking it?

Klotz is one of the best, just a little pricey. Also I don't think you can mix klotz with regular oil they do not mix. Klotz is bean oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Klotz is one of the best, just a little pricey. Also you I don't think you can mix klotz with regular oil they do not mix. Klotz is bean oil.

The Klots Benol is the one that will only mix with another Klotz product..

+1
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information