+1

Can't find the leak on my RXTX

After sealing up the rear axcess panels very good I'm still getting a considerable amount of water in the hull. I'm talking about 1 - 2 GALLONS!! The carbon seal was replaced last year so I'm guessing it must be a lose hose clamp? The dealer checked and rechecked all hoses when I took this ski in for service. Any clues here fellas? Where do I start looking? Thanks!

+1
    Are the hoses for the bailers still mounted up high. Sometimes if they are not the bailers will draw water in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    After sealing up the rear axcess panels very good I'm still getting a considerable amount of water in the hull. I'm talking about 1 - 2 GALLONS!! The carbon seal was replaced last year so I'm guessing it must be a lose hose clamp? The dealer checked and rechecked all hoses when I took this ski in for service. Any clues here fellas? Where do I start looking? Thanks!
    The IBR system is held in place using "plates", one on each side (pump area). These plates have a sealing gasket consisting of several donuts connected together surounding each bolt that pass through the hull. These donuts break or split allowing water to enter the hull, specially when the IBR is in operation. Ask me how I know.... Poor design. I have replaced these plates & gaskets 3 times (95 hrs on the ski). I now buy spares since I am familiar with the problem. When you purchase the new plates make sure you get the new design. It has " circular walls" built around each donught preventing them from splitting. Mine have worked well so far. Hope this helps....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    The IBR system is held in place using "plates", one on each side (pump area). These plates have a sealing gasket consisting of several donuts connected together surounding each bolt that pass through the hull. These donuts break or split allowing water to enter the hull, specially when the IBR is in operation. Ask me how I know.... Poor design. I have replaced these plates & gaskets 3 times (95 hrs on the ski). I now buy spares since I am familiar with the problem. When you purchase the new plates make sure you get the new design. It has " circular walls" built around each donught preventing them from splitting. Mine have worked well so far. Hope this helps....
    +1 I haven't replaced mine yet but I did also buy a spare set.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    This could be the cause of my leak. Very good info! Thank you!

+1
    One or more of the sponson bolts maybe leaking.......remove the sponsons and place a small amount of silicone around each of the mounting bolts, replace sponson.

Thread Information