Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kawasaki ultra 300 top speed

Hi guys just wondered what you guys are get top speed on your 300,s I am clocking 67mph and that's the max she won't budge over that, if I do the washer mod will I get much more speed? And will the washer mod still work when I'm racing in the rough stuff? I would like the plug in module but we arnt allowed to use them over here.
    thanks.
    tim.

Banned User
    +1
    In short it won't go over 67 stock. If you do washer mod yes it will get you in the 70s but with consequences and is not predictable.

What are the consequences? Does it not do the same as the plug in mod? I notice when I open it up it flies and then hits like a wall and feels like it slows down then picks up again then slows and so on is that down to the limiter?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes that's the limiter. The washer mod is not consistent so it does not delimit the ski all the time you are relying on what speed the paddle wheel sees. Witch could cause the ski to rapidly hit the limiter and potentially throw you off. It also has the potential to mess with the engine. make sure wether u have scom or washers you manage the throttle when coming out of the air.

Oh I see what you mean so if the speedo wheel catches in the rough if could hit the limiter and kill the power.
    What happens if you put the speedo wheel to high with washers?

Banned User
    +1
    Then it won't pick up any speed and put the ski in limp mode

Right I see, what is the amount of washers to put in?

+1
    I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT go the route of the washers. THere have been quite a few very costly regrets to trying it that way. Just run it as is with the limiter until you can afford one of the SCOMs out there. I know everyone has their own opinion but trust me on this one. There is a reason everyone is using an SCOM rather than the washers.
    Here is the link to the page in the online store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...x&cPath=17_177
    You have two options there. Just remember to use the coupon code greenhulk for a 10% discount.

Ideally I would like to run the scom but we are not allowed in the race however we are allowed the washers so I fear if I don't do the washers I will be left behind, when you say costly regrets to using the washers what are the problems? I don't want to blow my motor with 12 hours on it.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmymajic View Post
    Ideally I would like to run the scom but we are not allowed in the race however we are allowed the washers so I fear if I don't do the washers I will be left behind, when you say costly regrets to using the washers what are the problems? I don't want to blow my motor with 12 hours on it.
    Then leave it stock or use the scom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information