help with lr module on 2000 polaris virage tx

i am new to jet skis and have just picked up a 2000 polaris virage tx 1200 3cyclinder carb.ski was running last year.it has 115 hours on it.installed new battery,the display comes on and stays on but get no response out of start or bilge button.some one mentioned that lr module could be bad and theres a way to bypass it.i think this module is located in the main electrical box,not sure how to identify which one it is.any advice would be grateful.thank you for any help!!

Banned User
    +1

thank you for the imfo,sorry for taking so long but been at the hospital with my dad since mothers day,thanks again!

i have bypassed the lr module and still get nothing out of the start/stop button,but i can jump the starter solenoid and the ski seems to run well.i reinstalled the lr module and can still jump the solenoid and the ski still runs good.i have checked the start/stop button for continuity and it seems to be working.tested for power and i have power coming in but nothing going out.wondering if maybe starter solenoid could be the problem.not sure where to go from here.i would be grateful for any advice or ideas. thank you

this is how i bypassed the lr 505 module in case it will help some one else,unhook all wires coming from the module,then make a pig tail with two female ends and find the black and white wire that was run to the module,using the pig tail hook it to the black and white wire and hook the other end to where the black wire from the module was plugged in,making sure no wires from the module are hooked up.if it starts then the module is bad but the button will not shut it down you have to use the lanyerd,the start/stop button will start it but will not shut it down.my problem was not enough voltage at the start/stop,i only had 10v at the button,had 13v leaving the box.traced red wire with purple stripe and between the gas tank and steering found what look like a factory joint and the wires where almost broke into.every thing is working now.thanks for all the help!!

Thread Information