gp760 electrical draw

So i rode my 760 for the first time this season, and i do recall last season it having the battery go dead often, i figured the battery was getting old. I now have a newer fully charged battery in there, starts up and runs. Leave it overnight and the battery is dead. How do you guys diagnose a draw on a jetski?

the gp 760 is known for a constant electrical draw... this light draw is for the gauge memory funtioning.. if its a large draw (large ark when connecting) check it with an amp meter to see how much..
    even a fully charged gell cell will only last a few months with out a charge..
    best bet is to install a small isolater switch to break battery conection when your done riding...

yeah that was my thought unfortunately. I'm wondering if the multifunction is on the way out and grabbing a ton of power cause it killed the battery overnight...

over night was pretty quick as by running it should have juiced that battery up ... time to get the manuel out and start isolating circuts... i have heard of the gauge package doing this ,but not the rest of the system.. unplug what you can and work in reverse plugging stuff back in and watching an amp meter draw..

Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    over night was pretty quick as by running it should have juiced that battery up ... time to get the manuel out and start isolating circuts... i have heard of the gauge package doing this ,but not the rest of the system.. unplug what you can and work in reverse plugging stuff back in and watching an amp meter draw..
    yeah glad you mentioned that, i know how to isolate circuits on a vehicle by pulling fuses, however i was kind of stumped how you would do it on a ski; unplug things duh. Yeah i think i know what i'm doing this weekend! thanks.

Resident Coffee Addict Oshawapilot's Avatar
    +1
    Charge up that gel battery in the meantime - gel batteries left in a discharged state for even a day or three will suffer a very premature death and never charge right again.

Thread Information