Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

why can't I hit 80

need help from the pros why can't I hit 80 mph,
    i have a 08 rxpx with everything done that I can do before getting into a bigger charger and computer, i have seen a ton of post of guys hitting like 81 or 82 with stock chargers and computers and that's all I want..... I have been trying different Venturi nozzles to play with rpm but not really sure what they should be 8160 or 8180 or even 8140,,, last thing is I have been using my buddy phone gps and him as a rider because he is lighter,,

mods
    riva
    rear intake
    intercooler relocation kit
    thru hull,opas pro block offs,,filter removed from intake manifold
    solas 15/22r,,pump wedge,,[email protected] grate,,holes filled in rideplate,knife edged vaines,ss wear ring

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH. id say thats your problem....get a real GPS and take your buddy off the back. what are you seeing for speeds right now with the phone?

77 and he's not on the back he just doing the testing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Welcome to GH. id say thats your problem....get a real GPS and take your buddy off the back. what are you seeing for speeds right now with the phone?
    +1

Your not going to see 80 with just those mods and especially with your buddy on the ski too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I don't think he meant riding with him. More as his buddy riding the ski alone as he is lighter.

Welcome to the Hulk!

The 81 nozzle will be your fastest but beware of over stuff. I'd put a stock 83mm rxp venturi nozzle and go from there. Pitch the 15/22 accordingly. Shoot for 8180

thanks for a real answer and I also forgot about the open loop cooling i think that's it,,,I tried the riva ride plate but the ski was real sketchy and I had to take wedge out because ski did stuff but now stock plate is back on,,not saying the other responses were bad but I'm asking for help and if I was dumb enough to ride with 2 people for top speed I wouldn't be on this site

+1
    The riva plate sucks IMO! It never ships the same. It is an inconsistent product from the manufacturer and requires a custom fit for each ski. It is not a bolt and go mod that's for sure. I'd spend my money on a SFR ride plate mod. Well worth the money. You'll see 2-3 on the mod and it's smooth as glass.

With regards to the wedge, it takes some time to get it adjusted properly. I'm gonna find the thread by ksalles on his work with the p-x.

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    +1

Your not going to see 80 with just those mods...

And yea, forget the phone for GPS. I tried 4 different apps on my iphone just for the hell of it....i deleted all of them.

And also I agree with comments on the plate. From the stories I've read, I wouldnt install a Riva plate if it was given to me plus cash! All that bullshit to maybe get 1mph over a closed loop speedfreeks plate, and then you gotta worry about your heat exchanger set-up being sufficient on top of all that fitment drama, lol. Life's too short for that bullshit.
    Im not some almighty professional, but I'd say if you want 80mph, you should start ordering a different SC and an external IC. Anything short of that and you'll most likely stay in the 70s forever. Keep the stock ECU for now (keep your $1K!) and see where you end up.

+1
    If you're ski won't do 80+ with you the owner on it then whats the point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information