2007 STX 12F Ignition stays on

So here is the deal, the ski runs fine, no issue with performance. Problem is the power stays on even when turned off. The ski will not start when in the off position but the display stays on. The only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. Any input??

Have you ever flipped your ski over in the past?

Your dash meter has started to go bad. Eventually it will start acting more weird and partial display and then no display at all.

Thanks for the reply and Yes, the ski was flipped. I also did notice condensation in the display. Any additional test methods to be sure it is the display? I don't mind purchasing a new one but it is pricey and would like to be sure if at all possible.

I am 110% sure your dash meter is shot.
    How would I have guessed if your ski was flipped?

Thank you sir.

Now you need to think how you would prevent the same failure on your soon-to-get new dash meter.
    And here is a tip.
    Apply high quality water proof silicon sealant along the mold line (mating edge) on the back side of the new dah meter before you install on the ski, AND try not to flip over the ski in the future.

The ski is for the kids so this is my challenge to keep it up-right. I guess $700 worth of lashings should do it! On another note, I am very involved in the motorcycle industry and own a performance shop but don't work on many ski's. I am very impressed with this site and your willingness to help. I am sure that I am not the only person who appreciates this, so Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by laye195 View Post
    On another note, I am very involved in the motorcycle industry and own a performance shop but don't work on many ski's. I am very impressed with this site and your willingness to help. I am sure that I am not the only person who appreciates this, so Thank you again.
    You are welcome. Most of guys here are willing to help others.

Here is more detailed info and photos I took when I worked one last time.

Water droplets you see are INSIDE the meter LCD screen. This is an extreme example. In most cases, you would not see water on the meter screen.

The white stuff is salter water residue that went inside the water before AND came back out dried up. That's where the crack is.

Here I removed the damping seal. That's where the crack occurs and you should apply silicone sealant BEFORE the crack happens.

Skis... bikes... they both have a motor and handlebar. I ride them both, too.

My current rides are:

I've been contemplating about this so let me ask you.
    Do you think removing the sub-throttle plates will improve the throttle response on the 6R?

It will help a bit with response and is fairly easy to do.

Thread Information