Matthews, NC

2000 Yamaha SUV Jet Pump ?'s

So I took my "New to me" jet ski to the lake and everything ran pretty good but I decided to pull the jet pump to check the impeller clearance and for water intrusion in the pump section. The clearance was around 0.35mm which was in spec but there was some pitting on the impeller in the middle of each of the blades. However, when I spun the shaft by hand I heard some scraping sounds. After breaking off one of the bolts in the wear ring housing, I see that I have two bumps on the stainless liner that must be corrosion between the liner and cast aluminum housing. I have another wear ring coming and bolts, but I was wondering what everyone is using as the gasket between the pump and wearing and wearing to transom plate. The service manual specifies GM or gasket maker. Also, can someone tell me if they have ever been able to clean white spots off the pump, ride plate, intake grate. Can they be painted or epoxy painted?

Matthews, NC

United States
    use some sealant like Yamabond or motorcycle case sealant. The corrosion was common Yamaha made the liner thicker years later and that problem went away

Thread Information