+1

rxpx 260 riva trim tab results

i was finally able to play with the tabs this weekend, i started with them in the level position which was supposed to be close to stock, first ride felt pretty normal, it did feel like the front end may have been putting out more spray than before, cornering was insane, i wasn't expecting this, i figured in the level position it would feel normal, tracking in rough water was the same as stock, what got me was i lost 200 rpm on the top end, i know it sounds crazy but its true, i was beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure where my rpms went, so i raised them all the way up and bam...got my rpms back and then some, from the level position to the up position it was over a 2mph gain and just about 250 rpm jump, the ski does porpose so they will have to come back down till i find that sweet spot, i never tested them down but i can only imagine that it will drive the bow even harder into the water making turning almost dangerous. in my opinion if you are looking for a happy medium of speed and handling then stay with the stock tabs, if you want to sacrifice cornering or top speed then i would recommend these, i would say once i find the sweet spot where the boat stays flat at high speed these may give you a 1mph gain over stock, in 2 weeks ill be able to confirm that, they do have the cool factor though, they look pretty sweet

+1
    Where were your Sponsons set during this? including winglet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    i was finally able to play with the tabs this weekend, i started with them in the level position which was supposed to be close to stock, first ride felt pretty normal, it did feel like the front end may have been putting out more spray than before, cornering was insane, i wasn't expecting this, i figured in the level position it would feel normal, tracking in rough water was the same as stock, what got me was i lost 200 rpm on the top end, i know it sounds crazy but its true, i was beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure where my rpms went, so i raised them all the way up and bam...got my rpms back and then some, from the level position to the up position it was over a 2mph gain and just about 250 rpm jump, the ski does porpose so they will have to come back down till i find that sweet spot, i never tested them down but i can only imagine that it will drive the bow even harder into the water making turning almost dangerous. in my opinion if you are looking for a happy medium of speed and handling then stay with the stock tabs, if you want to sacrifice cornering or top speed then i would recommend these, i would say once i find the sweet spot where the boat stays flat at high speed these may give you a 1mph gain over stock, in 2 weeks ill be able to confirm that, they do have the cool factor though, they look pretty sweet
    Nice report

+1
    Sponsons are all the way down winglet in the bottom adjustment hole which makes it a little less aggressive , after i get the sweet spot tuned in i am going to play with the sponsons a little more

+1
    thanks, going to try mine first at 3 down and winglet full down (most aggressive).

Banned User
    Very interesting report

Thread Information