Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

250x Problems. Oilp

I bought the ski used 2008 ultra 250x with 36 hours. This was the third time I have had it in the water and after about 1 hour when I came into the dock it was smoking badly and there was a trail of smoke behind me. I wasnt riding it very hard just exploring the lake. After docking I could see what looked like oil or gas and oil in the water not an insane amount but enough. I took off the seats didnt see anything unusual and the smoking stopped after I had it turned off. I took it back out just to check it out and right away I could tell there was bad acceleration and the engine was bogging only got up to 32mph. The boost seemed fine around 11-13psi when it was accelarating and the revs hit around 6500-7000 I believe before boggin out also it was smoking again. I took it back to dock right away and right before I got there the red light came on made one beep and the screen read oilp. Im assuming oil pressure. I checked the oil and it had almost none and you could see the oil gas mixture or whatever in the water again. I havent rode it sense but I was going to start with an oil change. Any ideas?? Thanks. btw Im new to skis, this is my first

+1
    I would do a leak down test first.

sorry I am new how do i do that and also would it just be easier for me to take it to my local repair shop to get fixed? they have done all the oil changes. the ski should also have like 2 months left under warranty

+1
    take it too the repair shop, changing out the oil wont fix your problem if it mixing with water.

Banned User
    +1
    Pretty sure u had problems in another thread right ? U ether have a cracked head or your pump bearings went out ether case bad news like nic said take it to the dealer. If the oil has water in it best get that oil out ASAP.

+1
    just noticed the warranty, take it asap to your dealer you maybe alot happier with the outcome

no there is no water in the oil I meant there is oil gas mixture in the water around

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Pretty sure u had problems in another thread right ? U ether have a cracked head or your pump bearings went out ether case bad news like nic said take it to the dealer. If the oil has water in it best get that oil out ASAP.
    no there is no water in the oil I meant there is oil gas mixture in the water around the ski in the lake water

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowsell View Post
    no there is no water in the oil I meant there is oil gas mixture in the water around the ski in the lake water
    Ahhhh ic. In any case take it in before that warranty goes

I will for sure. also no I didnt have another thread but with what i said do u have any ideas what it could be? thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Ok must of been someone else.

Hard to say on the problem could be anything from stuck injector to cracked piston or piston ring. Or anything in between.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information