08' RXP-X Exhaust Options....

I purchased the Riva Free Flow tube for my RXP-X and am questioning whether or not I want to put it on or return it and do a rear exhaust set-up. I would rather do the rear exhaust set-up... but I'm having a hard time justifying the expensive intercooler relocation option - $550 for the pipes and a bracket is a bit hard to for me to deal with. Are there other options for a rear set-up that I am overlooking?? My goal is to make the ski sound more aggressive and it would be nice to get some of the clutter out of the rear of the hull.

+1
    Just take out the inside of the stock exhaust if your looking for increased noise..
    I had a 09 px that had its stock exhaust cleaned out.
    Sounded pretty cool and can be done with no $$$ in the drain...

+1
    or get fizzles IC kit .. cheaper than the relocate kit and opens up room for a rear exhaust

+1
    You can also modify your existing intercooler bracket to relocate the cooler. Might also we worth checking the classifieds for a relocation bracket. Your right about the $550 price tag. Very hard to justify that money, that's why I stuck with the free flow for so long. It wasn't until my stock x cooler failed, that I purchased a piranha parts kit for $300 that included a cooler and all the stuff needed to relocate it.

The rear exhaust sounds much better than the free flow. Don't forget you also need to remove opas aswell.

I was looking at the stock bracket thinking the same thing and wondering if I could just modify that one to allow for the clearance needed on the rear exhaust. I would imagine I'd be somewhat limited though due to the stock hoses. I have already removed the OPAS with the Riva Pro Kit so that is out of there. I will check the classifieds and Pirahna's site to see what I can come up with as well. Any other advice is appreciated.

+1
    Want to be extra aggressive sound!! with no relocation kit! Do This hahahaha

That's old video have done lots of crazy things until now ...
    Ps: NEVER keep the ski running out of water that long, this was one time only for the Video

So basically I'd be better off just going ahead and buying a new Riva waterbox along with their rear exhaust outlet kit?? These items would put me in the $600 range and I'd have a true rear exhaust with a new waterbox vs. just relocating the intercooler and then keeping the stock waterbox. Am I missing something here?

Simon - sweet video by the way.... I enjoyed it.

Thread Information