Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Angry Done with BRP!!!!

They will not cover my stripped driveshaft because there's an aftermarket prop on it!

Ever since my iCatch dropped the ski 2 years ago, it's been backing up in neutral. They refuse to cover that because.............get this..........there's a RIVA GPS Speed Bypass Module on it. WTF does that have to do with a malfunctioning reverse bucket???!!!

I even made a video about it and it's been unlisted until now. I think this could be a safety issue, they differ.
    (It takes about 30 seconds to get really cranking and at 1:45 is a second trip in reverse)

Pissed off beyond all comprehension!!!

I want to contact the Coast Guard and show them this video. I'll do some research, but does anyone have any info off the top of their head???

It will be fixed (at my expense) and it will be sold and BRP will never get another dime from me! And I will tell people from now on to shop somewhere else for a PWC.

PS: The service guy at BRP was named Bill (no last name) I'm not allowed to speak to him, but I would love to tell he's full of it.

Why dont you take the module off and go to another dealer. Got my owners manual out, says they wont cover it if it has modifications or parts not manufactured or approved by brp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucked View Post
    Why dont you take the module off and go to another dealer. Got my owners manual out, says they wont cover it if it has modifications or parts not manufactured or approved by brp.
    I wish I could do that except my ski's issues (along with my HIN and name) has been know about by BRP for months. I've been trying to solve these issues behind the scene. Taking it to another dealer wouldn't do any good.

+1
    I feel you're pain bro...I lost a PTO shaft seal last summer. Tried to get them to replace the drive shaft to 2011 style - that weren't having it. The tech said if I had a problem again they would try to get SD to cover the warranty work if I bought the parts.

+1
    Glad you were able to get that off your chest. Just don't expect BRP to stay awake tonight, wondering if this will change their market share......

Contacting the coast guard, what good is going to come out of that?

It's ridiculous that they don't replace the driveshaft, BRP are well aware of that a lot of the 2009-2010 drive shafts are corroding like hell. Another dealer will probably help you there.

About the reverse bucket, electronics are not my strenght

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Glad you were able to get that off your chest. Just don't expect BRP to stay awake tonight, wondering if this will change their market share......
    Yes, I am severely pissed. I know I'm just one guy and BRP may not think one customer is important, but in the long run, we all are. Personally, if only 1 person changes their mind about buying a SD because of what I posted, then I'll have at least a little personal satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by hkallestad View Post
    Contacting the coast guard, what good is going to come out of that?

It's ridiculous that they don't replace the driveshaft, BRP are well aware of that a lot of the 2009-2010 drive shafts are corroding like hell. Another dealer will probably help you there.

About the reverse bucket, electronics are not my strenght
    They won awards from the CG for their ibr system. Mine is not physically in the right place. Electronics have nothing to do with this issue. I am backing up in neutral at an alarming rate. They have had access to the video for many weeks. Thought the CG should know that. Contacting the CG has nothing to do with the driveshaft issue.

I was sceptical with the icontrol system when it first came out(seawater and electronic trottle ie), but my impression now is that it's pretty reliable. Sad to read about your experience with BRP tho.

+1
    SD has a habit of using end users as beta testers, IMHO

+1
    I have had the same issue with my seadoo it fell off i catch trailer twice which i do have to say seadoo did pay to have the bottom redone my drive shaft spline have rung off twice my ibr went out a friend of mine got stuck in reverse .Also brb paid for one drive shaft the second one rung off at mudbug which i had to pay for that one. Jerry did stay they went back to the old style drive shaft due to the newer ones the metal was soft. I've had a lot of issue with this ski. i also think the only way i got it all cover under warranty the dealer was a good friend the ski was modded also . its all up too the dealers guys my solution was i went out bought me a 2012 fzr been riding since no issues . i still got the seadoo still not running right. i do agree to much electronic on the new skis

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information