Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

Pedro's ski (from keywest)

took out Pedro's ski for testing today out at the Gulf, All day it was raining, windy and the humidity was at 100% The ski rain awesome did a 84.5 mph. and glued to the water i will take out some shims from the plate that will give me another 1 mph. and with a little bit better weather that will give me speed. So over all the ski will be in the high 85 range.
    The ski has a R3 reflash with a fizzle intercooler and a medium boost ET wheel.
    Here is a video

(UPDATE) 2ND day testing video on page 2 and post #18

+1
    nice job. I assume you said ET medium boost wheel it's a 15.5 psi wheel correct. What boost did you actualy see at that 8680 rpms? thanks Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    nice job. I assume you said ET medium boost wheel it's a 15.5 psi wheel correct. What boost did you actualy see at that 8640 rpms? thanks Tommy Jordan
    correct Mr. Jordan the 15.5 psi. wheel, I did not even look at the boost gauge was to busy looking at the AFR'S. and the RPM'S.

+1
    Thanks Jim, I supect with close to 8700 rpms you were getting 16 + psi of boost, making lots of HP. Arts wheels are awesom! With that much boost and rpms do you thing that is putting these motors on the edge of self destruction with stock internal rods and pistons?

+1
    Yes Art's wheels are awesome.

+1
    Thanks Jim, I supect with close to 8700 rpms you were getting 16 + psi of boost, making lots of HP. Arts wheels are awsom! With that much boost and rpms do you thing that is putting these motors on the edge of self destruction with stock internal rods and pistons?
    Mr. Jordan i have almost 140 hours on the SHO and 100 of them are with a H1 wheel and 22 plus pounds of boost and 8900 rpm. I have build over 50 ski's with 15 plus pounds of boost and stock internals, That is not even counting all the 10 to 14 boost range ski's i have done. These motors are stronger then people think they are. Does that mean that something can't break absolutely something can go wrong i have a friend that works at the dealer that had a stock FZR come in with a blown rod out the side of the cases with 10 hours on the ski. Now the clutch that's a different story. Just my 2 cents.

+1
    good job jim

+1
    Tommy...I recently spoke with Art at Engine-Tech regarding the boost capabilities of this wheel. (the High Boost ET15.5) He explained that this particular wheel was designed to linearly increase boost relative to rpm. With that being said, the wheel would make roughly: 16lbs at 8500rpm, 16.5lbs at 8600rpm, between 18-19lbs at 9000rpm and so on.

.....15.5 psi wheel correct. What boost did you actualy see at that 8680 rpms? thanks Tommy Jordan

+1
    Thanks Jim, I guess I am just getting more cautious the older I get. I have had more than my share of blown motors through all my year of racing cars, motorcycles, boats, pwcs . Tommy Jordan

Tommy if your not hurtin parts, your not racin hard enough... You know that.. Now get that ski ready for the hydrodrags and come down to florida and have a blast. You may have a few years on us but i rode with you last summer and you know how to ride hard, thats for sure. Good job Jim, today was a really shitty day to test also..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information