+1

What is normal sparkplug color?

What is normal sparkplug color for these SC 4-stokes?I pulled my plugs last week just to check them and all 4 plugs are white/light grey. no tan or brown at all mostly white. Now i did still have the sta-bil in there from last season,guess that could cause a color variance.

+1
    At 15 hours, 3 races, and 91-100 octane mine had an even tanning. I reccomend everyone has thier injectors cleaned and tested. I have heard several people seeing a +/- 5% difference in relative injector flow between all 4 injectors.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    What is normal sparkplug color for these SC 4-stokes?I pulled my plugs last week just to check them and all 4 plugs are white/light grey. no tan or brown at all mostly white. Now i did still have the sta-bil in there from last season,guess that could cause a color variance.
    any addiitive will stuff the plug reading up big time

run a at of straight 91 and then re do your test ,
    But keeping inmind that different riding styles will produce a different result

The new 4stroke SC skiies are nothing like the old days of 2smokers and reading the tune via plugs

all mass produced items have a variance and will always give different flows............but a max flow difference is a different real world % to actual affectivness on AFR in the real world, if that makes sense

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    Yep my plugs always look clean and lean I know others that look bog brown is all in how u ride

+1
    you also have to chop the throttle to get a proper reading otherwise a long idle down period will produce a false color.

+1
    Thanks guys!The last time i rode i had just done about 5-6 WOT runs at about 1/4 mile each and then i idled to the dock,, a very short NOWAKE zone and shut it off,,I know it was so hot on the trailer i burnt a blister on my arm on the top of the exhaust pipe. next time i will idle around a bit to cool the engine before loading it up on trailer.My exhaust filter must have got hot enough that day to dry up all the water in waterbox cause i start it up every couple days and since my last ride i cant get not one drop of water to come out of the exhaust.LOL
    It may not be neeeded but i also started removing the plugs after each ride spray a little fogging oil in each cylinder and leave the plugs out for a day or so with clean shop towel laying on the head.Then i put antiseize on each plug before installing and put fresh dielectric grease on the sparkplug rubber boots..Yes i know all of this is probably overkill but it dont take that long to do and its just an extra precaution.My engine oil and filter was changed first time at 5 hours and it now has 10 hours and will be changed again next week probably 12 hours,my scom is already installed just not plugged in. and i fitted my R&D intake up last night and i must say it fits way better than the oem. Well! its off to the water for one last ride before the Transformation.

Thread Information