Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Just Bought Tripple Pipes!!

Exactly what the title says im an owner of some tripple pipes. . .now i need a prop . . and a computer, as well some jets . . WHO HAS ONE or more of these iteams for sale at a good price? ? ? im looking to see hopefully in the + of 75mph . . i have all the intake grate ride plate . . blah blah ski is still stock. . just putting all my parts together on the side to do one big installation and hope to feel a totally different ski!!!!!

+1
    Welcome to the forum, somebody should have what you need.

Welcome to the forum!

Need more specifics... Year, mods, etc in order to help. Where are you? There may be someone living nearby!

+1
    Welcome 02'

+1
    Dont install everything together thats what I did on my GP and when you dont get results your left guesing.
    Do minimal changes at a time when it is possible I wish I had.
    SCOTT............

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Dont install everything together thats what I did on my GP and when you dont get results your left guesing.
    Do minimal changes at a time when it is possible I wish I had.
    SCOTT............
    Very good advice!

1 mod at a time will let you see what each mod does or does not accomplish
    and if a problem arises after a mod (like that never happens) you know where to look. Having 1 mod to troubleshoot makes fixing a problem much faster.

I too will be receiving a set of triples next week from a forum member.
    This will be my second triple gpr.
    I hope to be doing a step by step build up of the triple pipe install with pictures.

allcool

Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    Exactly what the title says im an owner of some tripple pipes. . .now i need a prop . . and a computer, as well some jets . . WHO HAS ONE or more of these iteams for sale at a good price? ? ? im looking to see hopefully in the + of 75mph . . i have all the intake grate ride plate . . blah blah ski is still stock. . just putting all my parts together on the side to do one big installation and hope to feel a totally different ski!!!!!
    Welcome to the best place in the world for Gpr owners to hang out.
    Just a word of caution on those tripple pipes,If your crank shaft has not been trued and welded,its like pulling the pin on a jammed granade,you wont know when it will go off But it will
    My advise would be to start with basic hull tuning 101,Then when you start on engine mods you'll get the full benefit of each mod instead of fighting a slow hull and being disappointed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H204YOU View Post
    Welcome to the best place in the world for Gpr owners to hang out.
    Just a word of caution on those tripple pipes,If your crank shaft has not been trued and welded,its like pulling the pin on a jammed granade,you wont know when it will go off But it will
    My advise would be to start with basic hull tuning 101,Then when you start on engine mods you'll get the full benefit of each mod instead of fighting a slow hull and being disappointed

This is VERY true. It would be kind of like putting a fogger nitrous system on a stock vehicle. Start with the hull/handleing and then start modding the engine/pump. If you need an aftermarket CDI I do have a ProTec CDI that I am willing to sale. I have never run it, it was in an electrical box that I bought from a forum member.

Ask me about my two girl shows havoc's Avatar
    this may sound like a dumb question to you guys, but this newbie to the tuner game wants to know; Whatthefudgeisa CDI and what is it used for.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    this may sound like a dumb question to you guys, but this newbie to the tuner game wants to know; Whatthefudgeisa CDI and what is it used for.
    Whatthefudgeisa a CDI?
    CDI stands for Capacitive Discharge Ignition. A CDI is a high-performance ignition system that stores its energy in a capacitor. It has the potential for very high spark energy as well as having the ability to run at high RPM.

It is located the black box where the spark plug wires come from. That black box also contains the coils for spark, starter relay solonoid for starting your motor and CDI unit. In that CDI unit, a computer stragegically fires your ingition coil packs at pecisely the right "time" in order to fire the air/fule mixture once your piston reaches top dead center (TDC). Once this fuel mixture is compressed, the CDI fires a spark to your plugs and ignites the mixture to provide the explosive energy that will push the piston down to power your ski foward.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information