Just bought 1997 Yamaha Waverunner III - general questions

Hey all! I just purchased my first jet ski, a 1997 Yamaha Waverunner III. It seems to be in really nice shape. I've never owned a Jet Ski, and only ridden one twice. It did not come with the manual - does anyone know where I can download one? I just have some general care, maintenance and usage questions and I would love to be able to look at the manual, or any other resource of general information for this particular year and model PWC.

Thanks in advance!

+1
    I found some but not sure if there good. I am a Little scarred to down load them. http://www.ufgop.org/pdf/waverunner-3-free-manual/

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    I found some but not sure if there good. I am a Little scarred to down load them. http://www.ufgop.org/pdf/waverunner-3-free-manual/

Thank you. Unfortunately those links didn't work and it tried to make me sign up for something with a credit card.

At any rate, I think I've figured out most of what I need to know. I still just need to know the proper flushing technique, and if I should use straight petrol or a gasoline/oil mix.

Well.... filled the Waverunner tank with gas, looked everything over, drove way out to the lake, spent an hour trying to get it into the water, with help from others. Floated it out, and it would not start. Tried to crank it for 2-3 seconds about 5 times. Then the battery started getting weak. Very disappointing. Just bought this thing and haven't seen it running yet, so I'm hoping I didn't get ripped off...

I'm gonna get a Battery Tender Jr. and charge it up. Problem is I don't want to drive it all the way out to the lake and have it not start again. I was told never to start the Jet Ski unless it is in the water, so I don't know how to test it. I can't believe Yamaha doesn't offer product manual downloads on their website for Waverunners. I've never in my life had this much trouble finding an owner's manual. Sigh. So far very frustrated with the whole experience.

+1
    You can run it on the trailer in your driveway for short periods of time without water. I've only ever ran without water for 5 to 10 seconds. Also, I think most PWCs have a flush adapter that you run it longer with a garden hose hooked up.
    ITS SUPER IMPORTANT to run on the hose correctly though. NEVER RUN ON THE HOSE WITHOUT THE ENGINE RUNNING.
    Start the engine, turn on the hose....then turn off the hose 1st, then shutoff the engine.

Thread Information