+1

4 tec thrush bearing question. Any one ever modify the block to take a better bearing

I can't believe how they only use half a bearing on each front and rear to keep the crank in place.

They could have made it so the fly wheel hit a pin before it destroys the block. At least then the flywheel and pin could be easily replaced.
    Or at least the engine block reused.

It is not really needed for these engines; there isn't much thrust under normal circumstances. Your situation came from the prop coming loose which is an extraordinary amount of force.

BTW, did you go back to the dealer that didn't tighten your impeller properly? Go ask them what they tightened it to. If they look it up and tell you 59 lbs, take them to small claims court, as this value is wrong. (should be 92 ft lbs)

+1
    Well they never charged me so that's probably not going to happen. and I watched them do it. I did not see what the torque wrench was set at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    It is not really needed for these engines; there isn't much thrust under normal circumstances. Your situation came from the prop coming loose which is an extraordinary amount of force.

BTW, did you go back to the dealer that didn't tighten your impeller properly? Go ask them what they tightened it to. If they look it up and tell you 59 lbs, take them to small claims court, as this value is wrong. (should be 92 ft lbs)

+1
    damn that sucks big time get a set of cases and bullet proof the bottem end. i set my torque wrench to 100 ft lbs just to be safe probably the worst thing that could happen next to dropping a valve. you will be ok just ask and the members here will give you some help for sure.

+1
    How do you bullet proof the bottom end? I am planning on forged pistons and arp bolts. any thing else?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    damn that sucks big time get a set of cases and bullet proof the bottem end. i set my torque wrench to 100 ft lbs just to be safe probably the worst thing that could happen next to dropping a valve. you will be ok just ask and the members here will give you some help for sure.

+1
    I wish this type of bearing could be installed. I guess if I was a machinist maybe I could.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bearing1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	271949

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post

+1

Thread Information