Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190

    ypvs servo motor question 1300r

    i need to know what are the probable causes of the servo not opening the valves completed when operating the ski on the water at full throttle.
    when we star and immediately stop the engine it will cycle perfectly. we mark the servo closed and fully open , to keep track on the rotation.
    also we notice as we ride that the minimum bounce will make the servo cycle .it closes and reopen about a quarter of turn..
    as we ride with the servo connected the engine only gets around 6k rpms. if we disconnect the servo and opened manually the engine rpms gets up in the 7k.


  2. #2
    Julian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    164
    +1
    2
    Check you electrical circuit and cabling, that open-close cycle should not occur during slow speeds.

    Place wave-eater clips and connectors to make sure all 3 valves open fully.
    You can adjust the PV cables. check if the servo pulls it completely open.

  3. #3
    Julian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    164
    +1
    2
    By Mudslanger:

    cables out of adjustment will cause the PV motor to keep cycling and usually stop. If you have slug and carbon buildup on the power valves causing them not to fully open or close can result in the same.

  4. #4

    problem solved?

    I have a ski with exact same problem.. was it ever solved?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    i need to know what are the probable causes of the servo not opening the valves completed when operating the ski on the water at full throttle.
    when we star and immediately stop the engine it will cycle perfectly. we mark the servo closed and fully open , to keep track on the rotation.
    also we notice as we ride that the minimum bounce will make the servo cycle .it closes and reopen about a quarter of turn..
    as we ride with the servo connected the engine only gets around 6k rpms. if we disconnect the servo and opened manually the engine rpms gets up in the 7k.

  5. #5
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    1,347
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Check you electrical circuit and cabling, that open-close cycle should not occur during slow speeds.

    Place wave-eater clips and connectors to make sure all 3 valves open fully.
    You can adjust the PV cables. check if the servo pulls it completely open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    By Mudslanger:

    cables out of adjustment will cause the PV motor to keep cycling and usually stop. If you have slug and carbon buildup on the power valves causing them not to fully open or close can result in the same.
    Also get a good electrical grease. I use the FORD Motorcraft electrical grease. This is not dialectric grease. This is designed conduct electricity. Works great, but is about $30 for a 3 oz bottle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2001 yamaha gp 800 ypvs servo motor
    By charliebizz98 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
  2. 2003 Fault Code 64 YPVS SERVO MOTOR MALFUNCTION Diagnosing?
    By britpete in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 09:30 PM
  3. Yamaha GP1200R YPVS servo motor not moving?
    By Quottro in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
  4. WTB YPVS Servo Motor
    By grubber in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
  5. p.v. servo motor question
    By paul c in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •