Genesis 1200 carb, is my problem unique

I have been looking on this site for a few weeks trying to find a thread with my problem, but I have had little luck.

2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 carbureted. Ran great last year, took it out once and it would not restart (it would crank/roll over just like the lanyard was out) when I went to load it on the trailer. It restarted the next day then died and would not restart. I did the orange wire bypass and it made the bilge pump run continuously so I disconnected it. The LR 505 tested bad so I replaced it, the motor started in the driveway just fine and seemed to run good, I killed it with the start/stop button and it will not restart. I'm lost. I ordered a CDI without testing the hall sensors or stator because of the intermittent start up. The new CDI will be in on Monday.

CDI was replaced two years ago

I had a similar problem last year. The LR module went and overcharged the system. I replaced my stator as a result. CDI seemed to be okay.
    Is your Genesis running okay now with new CDI?
    Where did you manage to find a CDI?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by caleou1 View Post
    I have been looking on this site for a few weeks trying to find a thread with my problem, but I have had little luck.

2000 Polaris Genesis 1200 carbureted. Ran great last year, took it out once and it would not restart (it would crank/roll over just like the lanyard was out) when I went to load it on the trailer. It restarted the next day then died and would not restart.

I did the orange wire bypass and it made the bilge pump run continuously so I disconnected it.

The LR 505 tested bad so I replaced it, the motor started in the driveway just fine and seemed to run good, I killed it with the start/stop button and it will not restart. I'm lost.

I ordered a CDI without testing the hall sensors or stator because of the intermittent start up. The new CDI will be in on Monday.

CDI was replaced two years ago
    Sounds like the CDI to Orange wire modification was done incorrectly.

Start/Stop module can be bypassed for testing.

CDI went on my 2001 Virage 1200 a couple years ago. Drove myself crazy trying to figure it out. After much trial and error and $ replaced CDI and she fired right up. I actually had a short in one of the wire connectors coming from the stator. I believe that is what did the CDI in.

Good luck
    Alan

Thread Information