problems with starting 2000 polaris virage tx 1200

i could use any advice on where to go from here.i have a 2000 polaris virage tx 3 cyclinder carberator 2 stroke that the start/stop button will not work.i have bypassed the lr module and still nothing but i can jump out the starter solenoid and it runs great.i have power going into the button but nothing coming out,so i checked to see if the switch had continuity when i hit the button and it does.shouldnt that mean the button is working.i have reinstalled the lr module and it will still run as long as i jump the solenoid.could it be the solenoid is bad or am i wrong at how i tested the switch and all the display still stays on all the time.any help would be appreciated. thank you for any help

Have you tested the solenoid? Most likely you're just jumping the battery cable to the starter cable. Try putting power to the small "signal" cable on the solenoid. The originals are known to fail.

you are right about how im jumping it out.i think it has 2 small wires coming out of it,which one do i use and is it ok to pull power from a red with purple stripe wire?i think thats the color that runs to the button.so i could just run one from the electricl box?im not real sure what im doing this is the first ski i have messed with.thank you for any and all help!

I'd open the e-box and find the red/yellow wire that goes to the solenoid. Put + power directly to that and see if the starter turns.

thank you for the advice,the solenoid is good.saw where every one said these skis are funny about having the right amount of volts to start.so i retested the start/stop switch and bilge pump and had 10 volts but had 13 leaving the box.started tracing the red with purple stripe and testing for volts along the way and was good until i got between the steering and gas tank,thats where it dropped back to 10 volts.looks like a factory joint where the bilge pump and starter join together and tie into the main power.the wires had almost broke into.repaired the wires and now every thing is working,thats the good news,the bad news is we took it to the water and it seem to run good but would stall out at top speed.made a couple runs and it always stalled when i hit top speed with in a few minutes.heres a lesson of hard knox,it was hard to start back up after stalling but nothing a little gas in the cyclinders wouldnt fix.would run great until top speed.the last run it stalled and wouldnt start back,got it loaded on trailer and out of the water and performed a compression check again,it went from 125/130/125 to 125/0/125.just pulled the head and cyclineder apart and i busted a chunk out of the top of the piston but got lucky dont look like i scared the cyclinder!piston and rings on the way still shoping for gaskets to do just one cyclinder,so far can only find complete top end set for $60,we will see what happens!thanks for all the help so far!!!!

+1
    SBT sells individual gaskets....... Personally I would get the set and keep the spares......

thank you for the imfo.looks like i can buy the whole set for just about the same price.looks like thats what im going to do.thanks again!

bought my complete top end gasket set off ebay with shipping for $60.25.got my piston in today so i hope to try and put it back together next week.does any one know where the best place is to get the torque specs?thanks for any and all help!

Thread Information