Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rode 2012 RXPX today...

Like most of you know, it sticks like glue in hard cornering.
    The ski I rode saw at best about 7700 RPM .

I liked it but after the ride I was not sure If I still want one for myself.
    After thinking a bit I asked for another test ride and this time peak rpm was 7500ish.

This unit had 55 hours on it, and I'm sure it was probably a heat soaked intercooler causing this since it was a test unit driven all day at WOT.
    What is the peak RPM on a stock unit supposed to be?

Also on average how long can you go WOT on smooth water before it cuts back RPM?

I had it in sport mode on both test rides and I played with the trim a little.
    I'm still leaning heavily towards this unit, but it just didn't thrill as much as I thought it would in a straight line.

picked up mine a few days ago. The first 2 hours could not go past 7400 rpm's. But today I hit 5 hours and that thing grew a huge set of balls!! 8100 all day!!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    Like most of you know, it sticks like glue in hard cornering.
    The ski I rode saw at best about 7700 RPM .

I liked it but after the ride I was not sure If I still want one for myself.
    After thinking a bit I asked for another test ride and this time peak rpm was 7500ish.

This unit had 55 hours on it, and I'm sure it was probably a heat soaked intercooler causing this since it was a test unit driven all day at WOT.
    What is the peak RPM on a stock unit supposed to be?

Also on average how long can you go WOT on smooth water before it cuts back RPM?

I had it in sport mode on both test rides and I played with the trim a little.
    I'm still leaning heavily towards this unit, but it just didn't thrill as much as I thought it would in a straight line.

The ski is Fly-By-Wire, meaning the computer controls the throttle, even when you hold it wide open.....so if the GPS senses its at its pre-determined MAX speed, it will adjust throttle position accordingly......even if you hold it wide open......This means that it was reaching its set max speed at 7700, then 7500.....Has nothing to do with heat soak.....You would need a Riva SCOM (Speed Control Override Module) to stop this from happening, which will allow you to go past the predetermined max speed

+1
    8000 is WOT RPM. Depending on where you were riding air/water temp, it may have been down RPM. In Upstate NY, we rarely get above 70-75 water temp, so its never an issue. It always turns 8000.

Distance ridden has nothing to do with the computer pull back of RPM. Its when the ski thinks its at 70, that it pulls the RPM back.

Riding mine earlier this spring in 55* water, the ski was all over the computer. It loved the cold water, but the computer kept pulling RPM away. In August in 75* water it will do it once in a while, but pretty much I could ride WOT for miles without it pulling them back

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The ski is Fly-By-Wire, meaning the computer controls the throttle, even when you hold it wide open.....so if the GPS senses its at its pre-determined MAX speed, it will adjust throttle position accordingly......even if you hold it wide open......This means that it was reaching its set max speed at 7700, then 7500.....Has nothing to do with heat soak.....You would need a Riva SCOM (Speed Control Override Module) to stop this from happening, which will allow you to go past the predetermined max speed
    It was def no where near its average 67 mph stock top speed at those rpms. I wonder if maybe the s/c was slipping due to all the abuse its getting in these test rides. I knew something was not right. I didn't even think to look at the boost gauge I will most likely still end up with one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    I wonder if maybe the s/c was slipping due to all the abuse its getting in these test rides.
    That is definately a possibility. Mine started to slip a little around 20hrs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    That is definately a possibility. Mine started to slip a little around 20hrs.
    New Rotax washers setting in?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    New Rotax washers setting in?????
    Yes. They are the ones with the semi rough coating on them. WFO swapped shims around and I am back up to around 12+ pounds.

+1
    Was this the model with the FL registration numbers 7923 PH?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    8000 is WOT RPM. Depending on where you were riding air/water temp, it may have been down RPM. In Upstate NY, we rarely get above 70-75 water temp, so its never an issue. It always turns 8000.

Distance ridden has nothing to do with the computer pull back of RPM. Its when the ski thinks its at 70, that it pulls the RPM back.

Riding mine earlier this spring in 55* water, the ski was all over the computer. It loved the cold water, but the computer kept pulling RPM away. In August in 75* water it will do it once in a while, but pretty much I could ride WOT for miles without it pulling them back
    I believe the cut off speed is 67/68.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information