2012 RXP X impeller removal, wear ring removal, and prop removal?

so, ive been doing a lot of reading and research on how all this is done. from what im gathering, its pretty simple? i do have a few questions though. im going to purchase the removal tool from riva for the RXP, im assuming that this one will work for the new RXP X? how easy does the wear ring come off, does the freezer trick work for this? if a buy a new prop, should i get the solas stock one, and if i do will that work with a new stock wear ring? what if i bought a stage 1 prop, will that work with a new stock wear ring?

i ask all this because somehow i sucked up a tinny peice of wood, or a plant got wedged between the prop and the wear ring when i was on the lake. i had to idle for about 35 minutes to get back to my trailer to inspect it and figure out why i was vibrating so bad when i tried to give it any gass. doesnt look like it did much damage, though im worried it did. after clearing the blockage i took it back out. at first it kind of fell on its face under exceleration, but after a litlle riding it started to return to normal. im assuming becuase it was bogged down and need clearing? ill take some pics of the wear marks, they arnt too bad i dont think. maybe what im seein is normal, its has about 13 hours on it. do you think this might fall under warrenty if i play stupid enough?

Bump, I got the same question. Do we need to take off all the IBR components??

+1
    The freezer trick works very well.
    The bogging you felt was the trash getting mulched up and discarded.
    If your looking for a bump in performance I'd have your stock prop tweeked a little. I've seen from 2-6 mph gains with a stock prop that's properly bent.
    Only issue is your gps speed limited so its still going to slow down at 68mph.

+1
    No they will not warranty a wear ring.
    It's like brake pads on your car are not warrantied by a factory warranty

+1
    make sure you have a bench vice or press or other way of holding the impeller tool in place while you remove the prop.

+1
    get the long impeller tool. yes, the ibr has to come off but it is not too bad once you have done it once. freezer trick worked for me. you could probably just flip the ring vs. putting a new one in for now. is your stock prop dinged? if you put on a new prop i would start with a fresh ring too or flip to the unused side.

Thread Information