0-60 using WOT, how bad is it for the ski?

So for the first time ever between my FX SHO and my FZS, I was on my FZS, sitting idle, floored it and absolutely took off. I literally giggled like a school girl it was so much fun. The only thing I can compare it to was as a passenger in a hot lap of a new Corvette ZR1 with a pro driver, nothing else has been so damn fast. I did it one more time and it was just as fun and impressive as the first but figured I better quit before I break something. Unlike a car there's no burning rubber or burning clutch to worry about, but I doubt it's as easy on the ski as a 5k rpm launch.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crvtt771 View Post
    So for the first time ever between my FX SHO and my FZS, I was on my FZS, sitting idle, floored it and absolutely took off. I literally giggled like a school girl it was so much fun. The only thing I can compare it to was as a passenger in a hot lap of a new Corvette ZR1 with a pro driver, nothing else has been so damn fast. I did it one more time and it was just as fun and impressive as the first but figured I better quit before I break something. Unlike a car there's no burning rubber or burning clutch to worry about, but I doubt it's as easy on the ski as a 5k rpm launch.
    On a stock ski it's not that bad, Now if you were to add a lot of boost and mods then you have a good chance to blow the clutch.

+1
    The skis are designed to run wot.
    There is a difference between use and abuse.
    Your not going to hurt your ski by nailing it from a slow speed.
    If something does break while doing this then you had issues with your ski before you went wot.

Yep, shouldn't hurt a thing except your buddies pride if he is on a slower ski...

+1
    I spent the 1st whole day with my VXR doing holeshots cause they were so impressive .. the 0-50 shot is alot of fun!! They are made for it... So I wouldn't worry about it too much. But I got the 3 year warranty so I don't care if it breaks

Thread Information