Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Time for a New Ski, 2012 RXP-X 260 or Kawasaki Ultra 300x

Hello everyone, I currently own a 2005 Seadoo RXP that has been an absolutely great ski, never had a problem with it and the only Mod I've done is the Upgraded Titanium coated Steel Clutch washers for the stock Ceramic ones. I'm considering getting another ski and curious about, which Jetski is considered the best right now. I was at the Seattle Boat show and was looking at the new RXP-X 260 and absolutely loved the looks, but I also took a peek at a Green 300x and not really sure which one to get. Has anybody ridden both and what were the advantages of one ski over the other. I love the Top speed of mine, but acceleration and handling is where the fun's at. I know my RXP isn't the greatest rough water Boat, but when it's smooth or just a little chop, it's incredible, so I'm willing to give up a little Rough water comfort to Handling and acceleration. Anyways! just curious about what Jetski is the overall better performer, the RXP-X 260 or the 300X. Thank you for any advice and love this site.

Banned User
    +1
    The 300x will out perform the px in every aspect but super tight turns. The 300x is a day in day out 72mph ski if u want to go 80 then get a px if u want a ski that can do it all get a 300.

how is a 300x a day in day out 72mph ski??? I can see it if it's not stock, but I don't recall a stock 300 going 72mph.

+1
    The 2012 is a much better rough water ski than the older Rxp hull. Buy one and get a Vtech flash or a Riva scom and I think you will be happy.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmoney33 View Post
    how is a 300x a day in day out 72mph ski??? I can see it if it's not stock, but I don't recall a stock 300 going 72mph.
    With a scom and nothing else it is. As for rough water guess that depends on what you call rough in moderate chop that thing was the airborne express the rxtx in the group was doing much better then the px.
    I would suggest riding both if u can. Have put many people on a 300 that think there doos accelerate really fast untill they get on a 300.

+1
    Lol i would go by the price....rxpx is an all around better ski...

+1
    Px is all around better and less $$$$ if shizzz breaks.
    Bump that stealership for free stuff when you buy brand new.
    No stock 300 is running 72.
    Coast guard has rules that 68mph is tops stock from manufacturer..

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Px is all around better and less $$$$ if shizzz breaks.
    Bump that stealership for free stuff when you buy brand new.
    No stock 300 is running 72.
    Coast guard has rules that 68mph is tops stock from manufacturer..
    Well u have been providing misinformation all over why not here to. Stock ski with scom read above will easily do 72. As for beeing cheaper on parts or dealer service I beg to differ. The op needs to ride both and make his decision.

+1
    I want somebody to name 1 thing besides being a little better in the ocean that the 300X does better than the RXP-X or the RXT-X.

In all seriousness to the Op, it depends on what kind of riding you do. If you're old RXP did everything you needed to do, the new PX is going to do the same thing, only 3X better. If you plan on riding miles & miles offshore, get a 300. If you like the look of the 300 better than the look of the PX (doubtful), get a 300. Otherwise, I would stick with what I know. And don't forget about the Closed Loop Cooling system if you ride in Saltwater.

+1
    I have also been "shopping" - yet more "snooping" this year - yet I currently have a "perfect" ski - which each time I ride it - I ask myself "for what reason" would I want to dismiss this highly ranked on the "fun-factor" scale and essentially a perfect ski.

I was able to ride both skis earlier this year - the Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 and the Kawasaki Ultra-300 LX, and posted my impression here after the ride:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...25#post1926325

I was leaning more towards purchasing a SD - yet then after riding my current ski again - namely this ski here:

http://ultra150.yuku.com/topic/4298/...saki-Ultra-150

I have since "flip-flopped" and am leaning more towards getting into a 300x - simply because I am thinking I am probably gonna keep my current ski, which is a light, nimble 2 seater vs. the 3-seater which is certainly much better suited for the Gulf of Mexico waters. Yet the new SD T-3 Hull has received some good reviews when the waters get stirred-up.

Kinda like having a sports car (2-seater) for one day and having a luxury performance car (3-seater) for those other days.

I am waiting until they offer me "my number" before I make a move.

Good Luck - either way they are both certainly fine examples of a SC Performance PWC.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information