Engine code p0264

Hi I have been getting this engine code p0264 for the #2 injector I changed out the injector because I thought it could be clogged and still am gettting it. Where should I start next? I checked all the fuses and check to see if the injector is getting power and they all are getting the same amount

Could it be the ecu or the injector wiring harness? This is where I'm lost

Let me explain how the ECU detects this fault, so you can figure out how to find the problem. The injectors are fed by 12 volts, which flows thru the injector and back to the ECU. The ECU opens the injector by shorting this line to ground.

This allows the ECU to detect problems with the injector, as it expects 12 volts at wire coming from the injector, but isn't seeing it in your case. If you confirmed that you have 12 volts at the injector pin, and confirmed the injector is OK (by swapping it out) then it means that you don't have continuity from the injector back to the ECU. (bad connector pin at the injector, open wire going back to the ECU, or bad connector pin at the ECU)

The ECU connectors are prone to failure, as the pins are very delicate and the seal often fails, leading to corrosion, especially on salt water skis. The #2 injector return wire is a brown/blue wire, goes to pin A-33 at the ECU. Pull off the A connector at the ECU and inspect the pins for corrosion, and take a close look at the A-33 pin contact to see if if looks OK. Using a multimeter, check for continuity between this A-33 contact at the connector and the connection at the injector.

Whatever you do, don't stick the multimeter probe into the connector contacts, just touch the contacts with the probe. If you stick the probe into the contact you will destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Let me explain how the ECU detects this fault, so you can figure out how to find the problem. The injectors are fed by 12 volts, which flows thru the injector and back to the ECU. The ECU opens the injector by shorting this line to ground.

This allows the ECU to detect problems with the injector, as it expects 12 volts at wire coming from the injector, but isn't seeing it in your case. If you confirmed that you have 12 volts at the injector pin, and confirmed the injector is OK (by swapping it out) then it means that you don't have continuity from the injector back to the ECU. (bad connector pin at the injector, open wire going back to the ECU, or bad connector pin at the ECU)

The ECU connectors are prone to failure, as the pins are very delicate and the seal often fails, leading to corrosion, especially on salt water skis. The #2 injector return wire is a brown/blue wire, goes to pin A-33 at the ECU. Pull off the A connector at the ECU and inspect the pins for corrosion, and take a close look at the A-33 pin contact to see if if looks OK. Using a multimeter, check for continuity between this A-33 contact at the connector and the connection at the injector.

Whatever you do, don't stick the multimeter probe into the connector contacts, just touch the contacts with the probe. If you stick the probe into the contact you will destroy it.
    Ok just checked volts on injectors only had about 9.82 and all of them but did get continuity from injector to pin on ecu

Quote Originally Posted by Trev09 View Post
    Ok just checked volts on injectors only had about 9.82 on all of them but did get continuity from injector to wiring harness A

Anyone?
    I mean

Thread Information