Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another purchase question.....

Took my wife to the dealership to look at the skis. I have been looking at a 2011 VXS, however, she like the FX cruiser

A couple of questions for the experts please.....

1) other than top speed, is there anything that the VXS has an advantage on over than the FX crusier HO and SHO?
    2) In the FX models, are the main differences between the FX and the FX cruiser the seat and pop up cleats?
    3) Other than the supercharger, are there differences between the HO and SHO versions?
    4) I assume that any of the above skis would pull a single ski or a tube with a couple of kids without problem, is that correct?

Thank you in advance!

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Having ridden and owned both models, for a family I would go for the cruiser model. The cruiser has all the power you need plus more storage and creature comforts.

Any of the above would be capable of pulling a tube or skier. The FX will have a much nicer ride in the rough but the VX is more nimble if you just want to whip the ski around and have fun. I personally like my SHO more due to the nicer ride but I also have a VXR and it's a great ski too if the water isn't too rough. Oh, the VXR is also a lot better on gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by uafgrad View Post
    1) other than top speed, is there anything that the VXS has an advantage on over than the FX crusier HO and SHO?
    Do we get a commission for explaining all this?

The only real advantage the VXR/S has over the supercharged skis is better fuel economy.
    Beyond that, you need to explore the Yamaha official website and compare exact features.
    Just to the right of the logo, click on the words "View Models" way up at the top,
    you'll see Yamaha divides their 2012 lineup into three categories;

1. PERFORMANCE 2. LUXURY and 3. VALUE (okay they call it "versatility" but think value)

Basically, the VXR/S is more of a performance speedster, less luxury.
    The FX line is in the luxury category; more features.
    This means with the VXS you give up stuff like a rear boarding step and the Quick-Shift Trim system.
    The hulls on the FX line are going to provide a better ride in rough water.

Just click on the "features" section of each model and you will see the differences. Here's the link...

http://www.yamahawaverunners.com/

4) I assume that any of the above skis would pull a single ski or a tube with a couple of kids without problem, is that correct?
    Yes they will all do well with a tube or skis with kids.
    If you really wanted to pull adults on slalom ski or wake board all the time, I would get a boat. PWC can do it, but not as good as a boat.

Thank you
    I was looking to 1) make sure I fully understood what I was reading and 2) looking for personal insight

These would normally be questions I would ask at the dealership, however the salesperson there didnt know the model years of the skis he was trying to sell me and told me models had features that they didnt and didnt that they did. It was a true goat rope

my vxr has a rear boarding step.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by junkit View Post
    my vxr has a rear boarding step.
    Yes, apparently the VXS does not... thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by uafgrad View Post
    Thank you
    I was looking to 1) make sure I fully understood what I was reading and 2) looking for personal insight

These would normally be questions I would ask at the dealership, however the salesperson there didnt know the model years of the skis he was trying to sell me and told me models had features that they didnt and didnt that they did. It was a true goat rope
    I understand completely;
    many of the sales people in these places don't know jack about the products.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Yes, apparently the VXS does not... thank you.

That was one of the "mistakes"
    He told me that they all have boarding steps and how they were the best in the industry etc
    This as we are standing at the rear of a VXS which clearly has no step
    When I asked where the VXS step was, he said he would have to check into that

+1
    Idiots...that is why you come here I only wish I had found Greenhulk sooner than I would have never bought a two stroke...that I sold of course...to someone that never came here...but because of here he did get a good used 2 smoke...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information