Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Amorall ruined my seat 300x ??

WTF!!
    Am I missing something here. I wiped my brand new f%&ken black seat with amorall and dried it off good. Put my cover back on ski. After a week of showers and sun it has faded underneath, yes underneath the cover the entire black seat. I have faded lines and blotchy area that are permanent now. This is on a brand new f%&ken seat. Can any1 shed some light or maybe tell me of something I can use that may help now. In 18 years of riding jetskis I have never been more agitated at the start of a season then this year between my starter issue with 0 hours and now a god d%&n new seat fading. Sorry, if I am venting too much, but honestly I am just pissed right now looking at this seat.

UPDATE:
    I have tried Turtle Wax vinyl and leather Cleaner. Scrubbed the heck out of it. It is 90% better. THROW OUT ARMORALL AND DONT USE IT FOR ANYTHING!!!
    This reminds me back in the day when I was using it on my dash in my mustang and a few years later the dash started splitting. GARBAGE

+1
    303 aerospace protectant is what all the wakeboat guys recommend for their boat vinyl. I've used it, and it's a great product.

+1
    A-moral will never go on ANYTHING of mine. Just crap. To each his own....but not even sure why anyone would have a bottle for any reason?

I just did a little test. Sprayed my bedliner rail with armoral. I then sprayed it with the hose to duplicate a rainy situation. At first appearance the water beaded and it looked great, nice and deep rich color, however now with a 500 watt flood light shining on it for about 20 minutes to replicate sunshine, Its dry and I can see light white streaks on it. lol. I thought this is supposed to protect surfaces not destroy them. I dont know, I guess you learn something new everyday. Just cant believe it took me 34 years to figure this 1 out, as it makes me wonder what other things I am missing in life that I should know by now. Well atleast the turtle wax vinyl and leather cleaner corrected my problem with the seat and i will wipe my bedliner rails with it too.

+1
    probably had more to do with how you originally applied it its a proven good product as far as im concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    probably had more to do with how you originally applied it its a proven good product as far as im concerned.
    my neighbor told me that he used to put it on his mud flaps on his truck and if it rained within a few days he would get streaks that would only come out once he re applied it to lubricate it. maybe i have a bad bottle but if you would have seen the seat and then the bed rails on truck you would have been surprised like me.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkzeus View Post
    my neighbor told me that he used to put it on his mud flaps on his truck and if it rained within a few days he would get streaks that would only come out once he re applied it to lubricate it. maybe i have a bad bottle but if you would have seen the seat and then the bed rails on truck you would have been surprised like me.
    It's a water based product that has to be allied thin And is affected by moisture to early after application. That's why it did what it did. That. Beeing said I'd never put armor all on a seat would be slippery.

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    "...wonder what other things I am missing in life that I should know by now..." The "G" in God is capitalized, everything else in life will come naturally... - (G__ danm new seat fading.)

+1
    buy a jettrim cover they are 10 times better, and you will go faster

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information