+1

Vineyard Sound this sat

Going out to vineyard sound this Saturday morning around 9am. Likely going to ride over to Martha's Vineyard. 40-50miles total. Anyone around?

I would love to do this but I am a no go for this weekend. Next weekend woudl work better.
    Where do you leave from? obviously I would need to shoot up from CT to launch

+1
    Hey there stranger!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
    I would love to do this but I am a no go for this weekend. Next weekend woudl work better.
    Where do you leave from? obviously I would need to shoot up from CT to launch
    Usually leave out of Falmouth harbor. The boat ramp there is great and plenty of parking.

im no good for this saturday (even if I wasnt busy...isnt it only like 55 water temp??)

I am only 1.5 hours from falmouth though...would love to ride the vineyard and maybe even Nantucket at some point this summer. Do you go out of falmouth -> Vineyard -> Nantucket? or south chatham->nantucket?

I'm assuming this is a wetsuit ride, still too chilly for me. How long does the whole ride take?

+1
    I'd love to this ride during the summer; nothing better then splashing a shark

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slug420 View Post
    im no good for this saturday (even if I wasnt busy...isnt it only like 55 water temp??)

I am only 1.5 hours from falmouth though...would love to ride the vineyard and maybe even Nantucket at some point this summer. Do you go out of falmouth -> Vineyard -> Nantucket? or south chatham->nantucket?
    Come on now.... its not that cold! I dont even own a wetsuit. All I wear is neoprene shorts and my neoprene life vest.
    Falmouth--> Vineyard--> Nantucket

Quote Originally Posted by skyline2962 View Post
    I'm assuming this is a wetsuit ride, still too chilly for me. How long does the whole ride take?
    Not that long... if you average 30mph then you can do it in 1-2 hours but we usually pull up on a beach on the vineyard and hang out for a little bit.
    BTW-- I was down on Webster Lake about a week ago, great ride I think its a very scenic area. There's a few shallow spots though

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Come on now.... its not that cold! I dont even own a wetsuit. All I wear is neoprene shorts and my neoprene life vest.
    Falmouth--> Vineyard--> Nantucket

Not that long... if you average 30mph then you can do it in 1-2 hours but we usually pull up on a beach on the vineyard and hang out for a little bit.
    BTW-- I was down on Webster Lake about a week ago, great ride I think its a very scenic area. There's a few shallow spots though
    yeah i'd like to do that ride someday since my girlfriends parents live in oak bluffs. Yeah the lake is pretty nice as long as it isn't a holiday weekend then it's stupid. There are some shallow areas but none that we need to worry about. I like the shoals cause come august i make a killing snorkeling for props! Next time you're up hit me up, haven't seen a fzr on this lake yet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skyline2962 View Post
    yeah i'd like to do that ride someday since my girlfriends parents live in oak bluffs. Yeah the lake is pretty nice as long as it isn't a holiday weekend then it's stupid. There are some shallow areas but none that we need to worry about. I like the shoals cause come august i make a killing snorkeling for props! Next time you're up hit me up, haven't seen a fzr on this lake yet
    Will do.

Thread Information