Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Robert63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Taunton
    Posts
    179
    +1
    4

    Pump tunnel reinforcement

    Hi I have a question for the FZR I am installing the Pump tunnel reinforcement kit and I am looking down into the ski at the tunnel and I see the two peace hull comes right up to the tunnel do I have to cut that away or does this reinforcement kit go over the second part of the hull on the bottom of the ski ? I hear the sho is different, the inside hull does not go right up to the tunnel, any help would be appreciated.


  2. #2
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    yes you will have to trim the hull liner in that area your talking about so the reinforcement can sit flush, put the reinforcement over the tunnel and mark where you need to cut with a sharpie, i use a dremel to cut into the hull liner and just pry it up with a flat head screwdriver, those pieces are not bonded to the bottom part of the hull so they will pop right up.
    and if you havent removed the oem plastic reinforcement pieces, heres a tip to remove them in one piece, heat them up with a heat gun then wedge some flat head screwdrivers between the tunnel and oem reinforcement, continue to apply heat evenly and keep wedging in the screwdrivers untill it just pops off.
    hope this helps.

    if you have any other questions post here or pm me for my #.

    also six10 epoxy is what you want to use to glue it in, it must be an epoxy based glue.

  3. #3
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    TTT

    Very helpful as i cant seat my coco's and now know to trim hull inners !!

    dont we use good old 4200 fc to stick her in place ?? Done the SHO with it and never had a problem

  4. #4
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,135
    +1
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    TTT

    Very helpful as i cant seat my coco's and now know to trim hull inners !!

    dont we use good old 4200 fc to stick her in place ?? Done the SHO with it and never had a problem
    Check out my link below. Should help you out.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2026208

    No, use a 2 part epoxy. I used something called SuperBond (Link Below) and worked very well and clean up was easy. Many others have used Six10 epoxy with very good success.

    http://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Superbon.../dp/B007GD59YG

  5. #5
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    TTT

    Very helpful as i cant seat my coco's and now know to trim hull inners !!

    dont we use good old 4200 fc to stick her in place ?? Done the SHO with it and never had a problem
    Check out my link below. Should help you out.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2026208

    No, use a 2 part epoxy. I used something called SuperBond (Link Below) and worked very well and clean up was easy. Many others have used Six10 epoxy with very good success.

    http://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Superbon.../dp/B007GD59YG
    thanks i will try to find some 2 part epoxy in the UK....can anyone tell me why this is better over the 4200 fc that I've used before ?. Just want to understand why its better not just use it

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,135
    +1
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    TTT

    Very helpful as i cant seat my coco's and now know to trim hull inners !!

    dont we use good old 4200 fc to stick her in place ?? Done the SHO with it and never had a problem
    Check out my link below. Should help you out.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2026208

    No, use a 2 part epoxy. I used something called SuperBond (Link Below) and worked very well and clean up was easy. Many others have used Six10 epoxy with very good success.

    http://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Superbon.../dp/B007GD59YG
    thanks i will try to find some 2 part epoxy in the UK....can anyone tell me why this is better over the 4200 fc that I've used before ?. Just want to understand why its better not just use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Yup, that is what you want!
    From my understanding the 4200 remains flexible so it allows the tunnel to be flexible. You want the reinforcement to be bonded and rigid as if the tunnel was built that way.

  8. #8
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    also six10 epoxy is what you want to use to glue it in, it must be an epoxy based glue.
    +1

  9. #9
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Six10 it is then !! I've got two to do in next few weeks will i require two tubes ??

  10. #10
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Six10 it is then !! I've got two to do in next few weeks will i require two tubes ??
    i usually use 1 1/2 tube per job

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Diy pump tunnel reinforcement.
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 12:13 PM
  2. Pump tunnel reinforcement ???'s
    By O-ToWn1300R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:32 AM
  3. Pump tunnel Reinforcement
    By elebouef in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 10:52 PM
  4. Pump tunnel reinforcement? JD1?
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 05:34 PM
  5. PUMP TUNNEL REINFORCEMENT KIT
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •